10-The prince got me

“The stars are bright; the clouds so grey, the mist is your cradle, don’t be afraid’’ The familiar song again played in my ears.

Getting up from the creaking floor board I staggered to my feet. A throbbing pain jolted up my right arm to my back. A crash of lightening startled my drowsy senses. Rain pelted against the window panes and the mist overwhelmed the corridors. My vision became uncertain as I bumped into the walls every now and then.

“Violet” a familiar warm voice called.

Squinting to make out the bearer of the voice I spotted a woman with piercing eyes and raven hair. Her clothes were like the mist itself. She floated towards me and I froze in my tracks in the grim desolation surrounding me.

“The darkness will continue to deceive you

So stay sharp

Shadows will strangle you

So stay strong

Destiny awaits you

So stand patient” her gentle words echoed as her pale hand reached for my forehead. As her fingers traced my forehead a blinding light shot out and I blacked out. Something or someone shook me.

“Violet are you alright? You passed out” Sunny exclaimed.

Upon opening my dreary eyes I found myself in a vast room. Where am i? I thought…. Ugh that was just a dream. Before I could even come to my senses someone hauled me up.

“You okay Godzilla?” Spark shook me.

“What happened?” I reacted.

“We were preparing the ball room for the ball when… I told you to go throw all the bird poop and you fainted” he stifled a chuckle.

I sprang to my wobbly feet and began to approach MS Rose. I’m sick of this. I eyed the room like I knew nothing about coming here. The walls were adorned with golden velvet tapestry. The ball room was already decorated with table’s rugs and carpets.

“Violet I placed your masquerade mask in your room, it’s a pretty purple so make sure you pick out a matching dress” Ms. Rose winked at me. They all began to travel downstairs. How come I don’t remember coming here?

The ball day came as quickly as this queer day passed. My masquerade mask was a silvery purple just like my sister had said. I chose a beautiful gown for the evening which was a cool lilac with a dashing belt.

“How do you fancy dancing?” Ms. Rose called out.

“bad.” I whimper.

“Here then”

She handed me a pair of golden sandals. They seemed ancient however quite beautiful.

“These were yours, a gift from your mother” she smiled.

“Our mother” she seemed shocked at first but then nodded hurriedly and left the room.

The luminous candles lit up the whole house…err… I mean Castle, which is a better word for it. Everybody was in their best clothes.  I wore my swirling black hair down and had a bit of makeover by Twinkle and Sunny. I looked…pretty I have to say.

Sparks came lingering down the hallway trying to get away from the milling guests, but stopped dead in his tracks when he spotted me. Rex also by his side had his eyes bulging out of his sockets too. They both were dressed down in black suits and bows with a mask in hand. Sparks with his dangling silver earing and Rex with his dirty blonde stood ready to greet the ball room.

Do I look that bad? I thought staring at them back with a horrified expression, I hated it when people stared at me. All my life I was demoralized by people staring, their stares even haunted my nightmares, calling me a freak, a witch, a demon!