Part 33

Part 33

So last night was crazy…I think.  I don’t really remember much.  I imagine it was crazy since I’ve woken up and I’m not at home.  I am still in my clothes from last night and I’m on somebody’s couch.  I hope it’s Gianni’s because I am not really close with anyone else at work.  I squint my eyes because I can barely open them and study my surroundings.  The room is still spinning and it feels like I have little people in my brain banging it with hammers.

I spot my phone on a side table and grab it.  I have multiple missed calls and unread texts.  I can barely focus on the screen so I put it back down.  I stand up and straighten myself out and begin to look around for a clue as to where I am.  I spot a picture of Gianni and breathe a sigh of relief.

“Last night was interesting.” A voice from behind me booms and startles me.

“You’re going to have to fill me in because I have no idea,” I mumble since the sound of my own voice makes my head pound harder.

“No more open bar for you.  Your boyfriends weren’t kidding when  they tried to warn me about you.” I am now worried that I’ve ruined my friendship.  I know being the sober one is not easy when dealing with drunk people. I’ve been there.  “Don’t get me wrong, it was hilarious, I just have never seen that side of you before.”

I pause trying to remember anything.  “I remember leaving the party and we went to a club but that’s it.”

“You honestly don’t remember running through that park?  That was scary and hilarious.”

I slap my hand to my forehead.  “How embarrassing.  Thank you so much for watching out for me.”

“I was worried you’d throw up in your sleep or something so that’s why I brought you here.  I lost a friend because he choked on his own vomit.  It’s why I don’t drink anymore.  I can bring you home now, though.  I’m sure you want to get cleaned up.”

“I kinda want to know what else I did.”

He just laughs and sits down next to me on the couch. “Very well then.  Let’s see…you danced with a broom.  Where you even found it I don’t know.  But you were kind of…gyrating on it.” Oh boy.  “There was a point where you kept asking people to grab your bum but I didn’t let that happen.”

“Thank you, I’m a little scared to hear the rest.”

He just giggles and continues. “Well, you ran to that park chasing after some birds.  I had to stop you from jumping into the lake.”

“I am never drinking again,” I declare.  “I am so sorry.”

“It’s quite alright.  I needed a laugh.” 

I hear my phone vibrating on the side table.  “I suppose I should get home.  I’m sure all these messages are from Harry asking how the party was.  Plus it’s Christmas Eve and I’m sure you have plans.  I really appreciate what you did.  I would never forgive myself if…”

“Don’t mention it.  That’s what friends are for.”