twelve

"Mummy, Daddy, look!" exclaimed George, pointing towards Mickey Mouse. George was currently sitting on Harry's shoulders, giving him a clear view of everything going on around him. 

"Do you wanna go and say hi to Mickey?" I asked, smiling up at him. George eagerly nodded.

When we approached Mickey, Harry lifted George off his shoulders and let him walk over to him. George gave Mickey a hug, which totally melted my motherly heart, seeing how sweet he was.

I looked over at Harry, who was already taking pictures of George and Mickey. 

Afterwards, we continued walking around Disneyland. George wanted to sit on Harry's shoulders again, which Harry let him do. 

We went on a few rides before we decided to go and buy some churros, which ended up being George's new favourite food. 

"Would it be okay if I officially introduced George to Tessa when we get back to London? She's due in seven months after all, and since the baby will be his new brother or sister, I suppose it's good for them to get to know each other," said Harry as we were standing in line for Dumbo the Flying Elephant.

Harry and I hadn't talked about the pregnancy situation since he first mentioned it at the airport, and it immediately made me feel awkward. I was so angry inside that his first intention now was to stay with Tessa and help her raise the baby, while with me he just left after asking me to take an abortion. 

"I suppose, yeah," I replied, avoiding eye contact and instead looking down at George, who was stood in front of us. 

"You sound hesitant. Is there anything wrong?" asked Harry. 

"No," 

"It just sounds like you don't want George to be around Tessa," 

"Can we just not talk about this right now? Today's supposed to be about George, but somehow you've made it about yourself and Tessa," 

I knew I shouldn't have said what I said, but the anger inside of me was starting to come out and there wasn't anything I could do about it. The pregnancy situation was making me more upset than I realized. Partly because I didn't think it was fair to George that his own father didn't stay for him, but he's staying for the new baby, but also because Harry had officially now moved on. I knew I had a thing going on with James, but seeing someone you used to love move on still hurts. 

"I don't understand what you have against me and Tessa. Is there a reason you refuse to talk about it or do you just really enjoy being stubborn?" Harry was beginning to raise his voice, which instantly made me uncomfortable, considering we were surrounded by people. 

"Harry, lower your voice," I said. 

"Why? Are you afraid people are gonna hear me talk about my girlfriend? I don't understand what the problem is!" 

"I'm not talking about this here. Today is about George," 

"You let me know what your problem is right now, or I'm leaving," he'd lowered his voice now, but he still sounded pissed. 

"Leaving? It's your son's birthday," I put my hand on George's shoulder, who hopefully hadn't hear anything we were talking about. "Are you really a bad enough father to leave your son on his birthday?" 

"Am I being a bad father or are you being a bad mother?" 

As soon as the words left his mouth, I felt tears forming in my eyes. And through my glossy eyes, I saw Harry's silhouette walking away. 

"Mummy? Why did Daddy go?" asked George, holding my hand. I quickly wiped my tears before crouching down beside my son. 

"Daddy just had to leave. I'm afraid you're not gonna see him anymore, at least not for today," I replied. "But we're still going to have a lot of fun today. After this, maybe we can go and get some ice cream?" 

George nodded, obviously sad his dad had left. I felt bad for being the one who started the argument, but also reminded myself that it was Harry's choice to leave and his choice to push me to have the conversations right then and there in front og George. 

"Why was Daddy angry?" George asked after we'd gotten off the ride. We were now sitting on a bench eating ice cream cones. 

"It's nothing you need to worry about," I replied. "But it's important that you know that it wasn't your fault. Mummy and Daddy just had a little argument, that's all," 

George nodded as he took another bite of his ice cream cone. Then he gave me a cheeky smile and said, "I love you, Mummy," 

"I love you too, sweetheart," 

-------------

hope you like this :)

- m i a h.