reunion

It happened one day after my meeting with Rias and Ravel. I was on my way to the roof to eat lunch by myself -or with Koneko since I was sure that she's already waiting there for eating the food I made-. I got called by a familiar voice which made me to turn around and see someone was approaching me.

The girl in front of me was someone I knew. Brown hair that tied into twin ponytails with red ribbon, fair skin, bangs that frame her forehead and both sides of her face and wearing Kuoh Academy uniform.

She was Katase Mahiru, a second year student just like me, and she was also captain of Kendo club.

"Hyoudou-kun!" She greeted me as she stopped in front of me.

"Hello Mahiru-san." I greeted back with a grunt. "What is it?" I asked politely.

"Well!" Katase paused and took time to catch her breath, she was running to approach me before. "You know there will be a Ball tournament later, right?"

Ah... So it was about that...

Yeah, one of the school's biggest events, the "Ball Tournament" was closing in. Overall, it was an event where we played ball-related sports, such as baseball, soccer, basketball, and tennis. These matches included contests between classes, genders and obviously, there were also some between clubs. Whether or not you belonged to a sports club, it's club mandatory; naturally, that included the clubs that were not in sports category too, Cooking club for example.

I already had an idea what she wanted to ask now. "I know." I said with a nod. "So do you wish for me to rejoin Kendo club?"

"Yep!" Katase admitted with a grin. "You were ex-member of Kendo club! The only male in fact, but you're rock! We're going to need your help!"

"And you don't have any problem with that? Me, a male entering your club?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Nope!" Katase shrugged her shoulders. "Come on, Hyoudou-kun... You were in fact a candidate of the captain in the club!" She said and then she gave me a small scowl. "And because you suddenly quit from club the choice fell between me and Murayama! And we know Murayama has no motive to become one!"

What she said was true, during the first year I joined Kendo club and it was actually hard to get in, seeing that I was the only male in the club but I was quite adamant about it. Of course I also got treated quite badly being the only male, which meant I might become a pervert, a wolf hiding in a sheep clothing, but in time they came to accept me.

It wasn't like I cared about their opinion, as long I entered and followed the rules it was fine. True, they tried to bother or pranked me but I kept dodging or ignoring them that time.

"Well, I pulled back because few people did not agree with my existence there." I simply said and it was true, despite there were being few who tolerated my presence, but there were also quite many that did not like me. What could I say? I'm not a guy with much charisma after all.

"It's only minority!" Katase replied while waving her hand in dismissive manner "Come on, Hyoudou-kun... You can rejoin if you want! We could use some help here!" She said with pleading eyes that began to shimmer due to unshed tears.

I only could sweatdropped seeing this. Great, a woman and her puppy eyes. Why did they always do this whenever they were cornered?

"You could stop that pathetic attempt to seduce him, Katase... Issei will join Archery club."

Oh great, just what I needed... Another one.

Tilted my head behind me, I saw another familiar woman stood firmly after walking to us. She was a pale-skinned girl that had a long, flowing violet hair, styled in hime cut that ran down to her waist, followed by her eyes that mimicked color of her hair. She was one of the girls that entered top 10 beauties in this school and I admitted that her face actually looked good too.