Training.

(Kallum: wolf form)

Once the downwind had caressed my face, I could already smell the blood which had been spilled. To this day I can still remember my first hunt; my first downwind. I hoped Kyra had enjoyed her first hunt.

Shax had ordered me to confront Amoux; the wolf whom was my natural born enemy. The thought of him wanting to find and hunt down Kyra, just to drain the life out from her to find paradise brings not only my inner wolf out viciously, but also my inner Kallum.

Right now, it was well past dust. I was running stridently through the forest. Twilight was slowly approaching. I'd been running for days and yet, when I looked around, the trees all look the same. I'd long past the meadow where the hunting goes on, past the Crockery Rocks (odd name Luna created) and I'd finally past all the other places - but I still couldn't smell Amouxs' scent.

Frustrated, I cantered through more trees, jumping over logs which blocked my way in search for waterfalls. Waterfalls, for my kind, are commonly known by wolves to be the distraction for our quarters. They stop humans from discovering our locations and finding us werewolves.

And as I expected, I trailed out a nearby waterfall, but not only was it just a waterfall. This one was like Niagara Falls by the way it gushed through my ears. Before I could even disguise my way through, I could already smell the fury from his starving wolves. I walked past a group of them all, most whom were busy ripping their scarce meat into shreds. Amoux's pack roamed up to about sixty, which was a lot in the werewolf world. To Amoux he had an empire, but to me he always remained to be that same pup Shax once trained alongside myself. Our past was quite uncanny, for Amoux and I were once like brothers. From the day my father went missing, I phased and hunted for him, searching for his whereabouts, but never did I find him; and me just eight at the time (a very, very young and hopeless wold)

Gradually through the years, which in human years I would be now be twenty-one and Amoux a year under, Shax trained me. I concealed my background from Kyra for a very long time. It wasn't until she caught me phasing one night when I finally had to explain everything to her. I thought Kyra would've freaked out, but she never. She was mesmerised by it! And I knew by her miserable past that she wanted nothing more than to escape from the human world. And so I, her supposed best friend, changed her. It was during Kyra's change when I decided to leave my pack and focus entirely on her. She needed me. But it was leaving my pack which made Amoux turn against me and he became bitter and decided that he, too, wanted to leave and so his jealousy left him alone for a while. Only recently Amoux had decided to tolerate me again (as he so eloquently put it!) but on the condtion that I was lower placed than him; the rank below Cedez and the others.

Now it's only been a few months later since Kyra's change and already she was settled with her new pack. The best pack, actually. For ask any wandering wolf and they'll tell you that from all the known alpha's Shax was the best; because you didn't starve in Shaxs' pack; he took every single castoff in and under his wings. Shax had always vowed that one day he will avenge Amoux for the way he'd treated and starved other wolves. When Amoux found out about Shax creating many warriors, Amoux commanded me to choose a side. I hesitated, which Amoux did not fail to miss. And so he threw me under again, this time to an even weaker rank but never did he banish me. Apparently I was too valuable to just banish. But his brother, Seirs, was not valuabe and he threw him like meat to Shax.

"Who goes there?" growled a wolf, defensively.

"It's me..." I replied, keeping my breathing and heart beat at a normal rate, blocking my mind also, while I walked towards them. "Amoux has declared to see me."

The wolves exchanged weary looks, and the smaller one stepped forward, his voice sounding that of a ten-year-old. "Have you evidence that He's sent for you?"