Two Birds and One Stone

• Dedicated to Craig 'thuram' Smith

Two Birds and One Stone

(Kyra)

They said that the world, as we all knew it, will end in 2012. They say that a passing, red planet will be the destruction of us all. They say that each person in this world, every 6 billion of us will die and that our deaths will lead into a thing called The Golden Age. It's strange how far we would go to stop ourselves from dying; to stop the people we love from dying... isn't it?

They said that creatures such as werewolves, witches, spirits, and vampires and so on, are not real. They said that they're only what they called a figment of our imagination; that we conjure up the ridiculous idea of their very existence.

Those people that said those things were wrong. How could one possibly go from saying that the world is growing stronger by the second - almost being cured from the human condition in which God had seemingly cursed us with - to ending in 2012, and there's nothing we can do about it? How could they say that mythical creatures are not real? That they're only built in the very foundation of our minds? When they are real... I was one of them. I was living proof. I wouldv'e liked to have seen their faces when trying to prove that I wasn't real.

They said back in ancient times that there will come a time in the future when the legacy of The She Wolf will arise and would be prevailed justly; they state this as being The Arisen of The She Wolf.

They said that the she wolf would come and reveal herself, that she would stop each mythical creatures suffering and their conflicts; that she'd settle their disputes and arrange the arrival of our Golden Age. This she wolf was creating her own golden age. She would disregard dwelling on the human golden age predictions and instead create her very own. She would put an end to our suffering for if the She Wolf wasn't to be doing this, then our world would follow the path of the human's and would subside into darkness. OUR world, as WE knew it, would end.

And so I had to it. I was the last She Wolf. My missions in this life were to firstly stay alive, secondly destroy Amoux and thirdly, leave my brothers and sisters into the golden age.

~~~~~~

There seemed to have been a red veil oscilating above our heads, the sky, and it was being strained further and further away into the blackness, towards the setting horizon. It was foretelling the collision of blood which was yet to happen.

Shax was outside Amoux's wasted land, and his voice was echoing stridently with the wind, carrying it across each of the wolves' ears.

"Look at yourselves!" he hissed. I was in awe, staring at the flowing rivers of immobile wolves which were listening to the voice. "Look at what he's turned you into; starved, deceitful and savage mungrels!"

I was surprised not to hear Amoux screaming from the tip of his voice for the attack, for when I looked up at the entrance of his quarters. He himself was also immobile; just listening to Shax uncovering the truth, after so long. "I offer you a choice. I offer you food, a home and a family where you can overcome this unfortunate state, and live forever on as the mighty wolves in which you we born to be... All you need to do is help formulate The Arisen of The She Wolf!"

There was a magical moment of complete silence now. Some of the wolves remained silent around me, deep in thought, while a few ill-fated others were barking and imploring towards Amoux for his approval to attack.

This red veil which was above us seemed to be strained to it's furthest length, and with a howl from Amoux, and a howl from Shax, the war began.

Ada seemed to have lost control, screaming FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT over and over again from inside me. My saliva was spurting out from my mouth, my eyes seemed to have expanded out from my head, my vision was different; everything was black and blue. It came in handy actually, for when I was let loose by a surrendering wolf, I was like some demented demon and when my eyes narrowed, I could see some red hearts and some black hearts. The black ones were which I myself chose to destroy.