Chapter 5

Menma POV 

When Iruka-Sensei was giving out our written test, I saw him look over at Nii-san with a worried expression. I'm pretty sure, Nii-san saw it too which explains why he's a little twitchy. It's totally understandable since he HATES pity and sympathy. Nii-san is more of an independent person who doesn't want people worrying about his well-being. It's funny how people underestimate him though it'll be even funnier when people see how strong Nii-san truly is. Shaking my head, I go back to answering my questions until a certain furball wakes up from his nap.   

'What did I miss, Gaki?'

'Nothing much, Kurama. I'm just doing my test.'

'Again? This is like what? The one-hundredth time? It's getting annoying.

Mentally rolling my eyes I reply, 'Actually this is the third time, and stop being a baby.' 

He grumbles but a mental image of him laying down within the cage and his tails swaying pops up. Again I roll my eyes before focusing back on my test. The furball isn't bad, just misunderstood. I met him around the beginning of my training. I was overworking myself to the point where I passed out. I think I was near death from chakra exhaustion which caused me to meet the Nine-tails. He was rude and violet but I saw that he was lonely. In a way, he reminded me of Nii-san. The way he would seem to act out to be noticed, even if it's in a bad way. Before I could do anything though, I woke up to a panicked older brother who was slapping me to wake me up -__- 

However, since that day, I would always visit the furball and chat with him. Trying to loosen him up and after a year, he finally told me his name. It was a long process but in the end, it was worth it. I told Nii-san afterward since I tell him mostly everything. At first, he was unsure but when I was able to get a mind link going on with fusing Kurama's chakra within Nii-san's mind, they quickly became best friends. I sometimes regret it since they're always loud and cursing up a storm as well as being sadistic freaks but there's nothing I can do now; sadly.

'OI GAKI, PAY ATTENTION! People are looking and I don't like it.'

Snapping out of my daze, I look around to see that the class is outside and that we're onto the aiming part of the test. Everyone is looking at me curiously. Blushing in embarrassment, I rush over to Iruka-Sensei. Apparently, I was so deep in thought that I didn't notice that we have moved on to the next part of the test. I could see from the corner of my eye that Tou-san and Kaa-chan are here. Kurama growls in the back of my head but I don't pay attention to it. Flicking my wrist, the kunai's hit their target. Quickly I do the same with the shurikens since I wanted this to end. Seeing my score, I have to say it was decent. 

Kunai: 8/10

Shuriken: 8/10 

Some of my classmates clap but I could hear Kaa-chan cheering loudly. Ignoring her, I walk over to the wall of the school. Bypassing Nii-san, I see that his hands are in a fist. "Don't worry about them Nii-san. Just focusing on passing and showing them later that they'll regret everything." I whisper. Sitting down on the ground, I sigh in annoyance. Quoting from a certain Nara, this is all troublesome.

~TimeSkip~ 

By the end of the day, I was fairly annoyed. One, my parents wouldn't stop praising me in front of Nii-san. Two, I was tired of Sasu-kun's fan club downgrading Nii-san. And three, a certain fox wouldn't shut up about raw meat and hunting. 

'Oi, don't judge! I'm fucking hungry so you can't say anything! .....Mmmmm roasted rabbit...' 

'SHUT UP KURAMA!' 

"Jeez, Menma what pissed in your cereal this morning,"   Sasuke asked. I blush in embarrassment again today since I didn't realize that the mental links have been open. "Also, why did you space out this morning? Did Fleabag mess with you?"

Before I could reply, I heard Nii-san chuckle while saying "oooo" in the background. I sigh since I know where things are going.

'What did you say human? You DARE talk to me like that!?'

"Right, like you have any importance." 

'I'll have you know, that I am the GREAT KYUUBI! I DRIVE FEAR INTO THE SOULS OF YOU PUNY HUMANS! SHOW ME SOME RESPECT OR YOU WILL FEEL MY WRATH!'

"Yawn. That's so boring and cliche. Makeup something new, ol' great and powerful one"  Sasuke said with sarcasm dripping heavily. 

'Kiss my ass human.'

"No thanks, I'm not into bestiality."

'Could've fooled me with that duck-ass hair of yours.'

"OOOOOO BURN TEME! YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE HEAT! And I thought you were an Uchiha.~" 

I burst out laughing in the middle of the street. People looked at me like I was insane and to be honest, with these guys in my head, I someday might. However, I hurriedly get out of the streets so I don't draw attention to myself. I came upon a park that was mostly empty except for a few people here and there. I was sitting down on a swing and listen to the three bickers like children.....wait they are children >.> 

'HEY!?' "HEY!?" "HEY!?"   

All three yelled at once, making me clench my head at the loudness. They mumble out apologies before becoming a little quiet. 

'Ne, now that we're shinobi's now, we're one step closer to your goal Nii-san.'

"Our goal, MeMe, our goal."

"Hopefully we get in the same team. I seriously don't want to be with any of my fangirls on my team." 

"True that would suck but I think we will be on the same team."

'Yup, and if I'm not with y'all then I could always give Tou-san and Kaa-chan my puppy-eyes no Jutsu.'

We laugh while Kurama chuckles. Yes, we're a step closer to gaining peace for this world. I know that I will face hardships. Hell, I'll even see people close to me die to obtain peace. However, as long as it's not Nii-san or Sasu-kun then I'm good. I would honestly be complete until Nii-san gets a girlfriend or boyfriend whichever he prefers. However, I'll cross that bridge when I get there. For now, I just want to watch the sunset while mentally talking to my precious people.