Chapter 9

A/N: Sorry for the long wait! My laptop keeps being a bitch and won't connect to the Wifi. (As well as being a little lazy) So sometimes I have to use my phone which would cause lots of mistakes to be made since it's hard to work on a phone. It's very difficult as well as something's happening in my life but I'll keep working on this story and "Neglected then Protected". (P.s I've been making more stories so that's another reason why things are so late. Let me know if you wish to hear about some of them in the next chapter or so.)
___________________

Third POV

"Shit..."

Naruto knows he's in trouble. In fact, he thinks he might not be able to make it out alive. All he wanted was to gain acceptance of the Scorpions. Was it really that hard? Apparently yes...yes it is. Naruto has to go through a trial to be worthy of holding the summoning scroll. It's not even a simple one like what the toads do. Which is to make sure to stay on top of the Chief of Toads head until sunset. The blonde understands that each summoning doesn't have the same trail but damn does he wish for the Scorpions to have an easier one. No wonder he saw a few names written on the scroll!

Whenever someone new decides he wants to be the summoner for the Scorpions he must bear their mark. It can be anywhere on the arms, legs, and upper torso. The thing about the mark however is that it's filled with poison. It's supposed to give the summoner a deeper connection with their summoning. The mark also helps with poisons. Since it goes into your veins and helps your bloodstream as well as your tissues to get used to the intensity. However, since the mark itself is made of chakra and poison of high quality it burns like hell. Oh does Naruto feel the burn. It feels like millions of knives that were put over a fire for 10 hours stabbing you.

That's not even half of it. As the poison rips through his body he must fight the Scorpion King. (A/N: see what I did there?) To be more graphic, Naruto isn't really fighting him. More like trying to survive the King's tail and claws while he waits for the mark to appear. Mainly everyone doesn't survive when that happens or just dies from being impaled. At the moment Naruto was on his knees panting heavily. He held his left wrist from the burning sensation. His clothes were ripped in multiple places as cuts littered his body. As he catches his breath, he can't help but admire the King. He certainly was a beauty. Well...to anyone else he would look like a monster but Naruto has a weird mindset so he believes the King is awesome with his golden-like structure.

The blonde wince in pain again as he struggled to stand

The blonde wince in pain again as he struggled to stand. Holding back his grimace, he lunged forward under the King avoiding his golden tails as he evades his attacks. The King showing mercy but no restraint. He refused to allow someone incapable of proving themselves to summon scorpions. It would put his people in danger especially since his people haven't been summoned for a century or two. Add to the fact that they don't socialize with the other summonings it's difficult to know what has been happening during this time.

When he tried to strike naruto, the boy again dodged. It was refreshing to see this human refused to yield. To know that he would fight to his last breath and would not give up.

{Just by this act alone I can tell he would do perfectly.}

Naruto is already proving to the worthy. The Scorpion King is just waiting to see if the mark will kill him or not. That's the only thing he's waiting on. However, it seems to be taking a long time to appear than the last few times. He would not admit this to anyone since he's a prideful creature, but this is truly bothersome.

{He was still fighting even though he was seriously injured. He's strong that's for sure or an idiot... Possibly both in my opinion. It's a good thing that the boy put a barrier around us otherwise other people would've been here to check out the noises and my monstrous form.}

The King was pulled out of his musings when a strangled cry comes from the boy. Looking underneath him he sees the boy drop to the ground as he cradles his left arm to his chest. The creature moves away from the human and simply watches as the blonde rolls on the ground in pain.

The burning sensation got worse for Naruto. It felt like he was being torn apart then smashed together again. He never felt such agony before since he went through Pain-Tolerance training but he never had one that dealt with internal pain. {Guess this could count as Pain-Tolerance training.} He chuckles weakly before groaning in pain.

A few minutes passed when to Naruto it felt like years, the pain subsided. A cooling sensation crosses over his body, making him go numb. The King has watched from the sidelines and now he couldn't be any more proud. The mark has appeared on the back of his left hand. It a mainly black but it has a purple hue to it. The tail of the scorpion was wrapped around the boy's wrist before stopping in the middle of his arm.

The King walked into Naruto's blurry line of vision. "I must say you have proved to be much more than I thought. You have passed my trail boy and I'm glad to have someone as interesting as you be our summoner. When you wake up and you decide to summon again I'll have someone personal for you. Before that, however, do tell me your name." Naruto chuckles weakly. The sense of happiness swelling in his gut. "My name is...Naruto UzuKage... What is yours?"

"Gentaro"

With that being said Naruto passes out from exhaustion.
____________________________________

A/N: be sure to thank jamise12345678910 for this chapter. She was able to help me continue the story after I had a mini writers' block. Thank you everyone for reading the story!