Chapter 3 : The Arena

Ygritte's POV

Ygritte's POV

As I went back into the camp, I heard shouts at the arena like the people are betting on something. I jogged into the place and saw Orville and Yoshaka sitting comfortably on one of the bleachers.

"Ygritte! Still ugly as always!" Yoshaka said enthusiastically.

I ignored him and turned to Orville instead. "What's the catch?" I asked as I took a seat beside him.

"A lycan and a vampire," he said as he gave three hundred golds to the moneyman beside him.

I shook my head at him, thieves and their moneys. Sometimes all you can do is gawked at their purses filled with no, not nickels nor silvers but diamonds and gold coins. Where did they took it? Doesn't matter, what matters is that their purses are big and crammed to the fullest.

I let myself to be indulge in the bewitching atmosphere when I felt Yoshaka poked me. When I didn't reacted he poked me once again. I ignored him and when I thought he stopped I almost sighed with relief but he suddenly raised his index fingers and poked me in my flank two times... two times.

Okay that's it, I'm so not in the mood right now. I raised my hand as it found its way to smacked Yoshaka's head.

"Oww!" He exclaimed, scratching his head.

"Can you just stop pestering me for a second?" I asked frustratedly and picked up his ear.

"Ow! That hurts!" He said and he laughed like a maniac.

"Say Ygritte? Wanna bet?" Yoshaka asked acting like a five years old.

"Nope," oh for the love of mud pies! Can't he just leave me alone?

"Oh come on! Don't be such a wussy! Have a life!" He said cheerfully. Oh no boy, that won't work on me.

"No." Please stop pestering me.

"Oh come on! Please! Pretty please! Pretty pretty please! I can do this all night you know?" He said grinning and seriously! He's still not giving up, I groaned loudly at my demise.

"Nope."

"Please! Pretty please! Pretty pretty please! Pre-" I cut him.

"Okay! Okay, fine! You really don't know when to stop do you?" I said in defeat as I scratched my head. I think I just had a headache.

"Nope! But you gave your word. No taking back. So here's the criteria, two hundred golds. No more, no less! Just a clean betting game. No punishments. Clear?"

"Crystal," I prepared two hundred golds just for him to shut up and looked around. The fight hasn't started out yet, but the excitement of everyone and lust for blood is overpowering at the moment.

This arena were made by the first men, it's a gigantic mountain sculpted furtively for those who wants to learn magic, assassination and for more heavier weapons. It was hidden from prying eyes but welcoming to those who are part of it.  Sadly, many battles took place here and were abandoned, now it's a betting place for money. Fights like this always happens, but most of it were vicious fights were in the either of the two contenders must give up his life for the satisfaction of the crowd.