Chapter 14: Faes in the Desert Kingdom

Ygritte's POV

Ygritte's POV

One full moon had past and our destination is at hand. Moris seemed to have been used to this like a little veteran, that little old fart! He did nothing but to pest me all the way to Porphyria, ever since that day he had read my fate he went nuts and kept on nagging me to give my hand to him saying that he can't understand my fate!

For all I know he'll be on a licking frenzy all over again. I swear to all the mud pies out there I'll tie him up on a tree upside down and let his blood get all over his head for all I care !

We halted to a place named Cyllan, it's a two gigantic stones carved as a dwarf holding a hammer right across their chest symbolizing that we are entering the dwarf lands, daring anyone to venture in.

"It's huge!" Porphy exclaimed with her arms stretched up high, Yoshaka joined in her enthusiasm and also stretched his own arms in a slow motion, "It is!"

Tension rose up a bit, I raised my eyes and cautiously looked around. My comrades doesn't seemed to have noticed it. It seems that my senses has gotten a lot more strongger. I felt someone poked me and I turn around to see Morphy handling me a water bottle.

I took it right away from her hands and gulped the whole thing, feeling the intense flow of the liquid running down my throat. My eyes gazed at the surrounding as I emptied the bottle. The scorching sun seemed to be angry at everything, its flames are unmerciful and it promises nothing but despair. The desert is somewhat empty with animal bones on the side, it seems like this land used to be fresh. The animals hid under the rocks and the sands are currently dancing to their own rythmn with the wind as their guide.

"We should be on guard, Cyllan may look like it's a sea of sand but there are monsters lurking around," Orville said looking around as if he was looking for something or rather expecting something to come out.

I slumped myself to the ground and closed my eyes for a second. Just feeling the wind gusting as if it was calling me deeper through the desert. As if on cue Morris came hurriedly to where I am, "I think we're being caught up with the storm," he said nervously. I opened my eyes and casted my gaze on him, I looked around and saw Lycurgus shouting orders.

"Everyone ! Gather around we will camp here for tonight, Orville scout the area and report any signs of dangers or threats. Yoshaka and the others will help building the tents--"

The sands seemed to be preparing, they're like pros in this kind of enigmatic battle. I tried to balanced myself as I got up but the wind is starting to get stronger as time passed by. Lycurgus' voice seemed to have dulled for a moment, I cannot hear his angelic voice. Wait, where are the others? The sand storm seemed to get nearer and nearer, or so I thought?

"Ygritte!"

A voice called out to me, I turned around and saw no one. I thought I saw a glimpse - no an image. Was my mind playing games at me?