05

"Do you think he'll like this?"

My eyes softened at the sight of her beautiful smile. In her hands was a transparent container of what seemed to be a home-cooked lunch box, my eyes can see how carefully the food was arranged inside.

My inside started churning, a weird emotion enveloping my entirety.

Wait, what?

She was smiling so bright but I was so sure she was nervous as she kept on staring at Jin hyung from afar.

"What's that?" I tried distracting her and her eyes landed on my direction, my heart doing a mini somersault for God knows why.

"It's an avocado sandwich and a salad, my favorite!" she muttered, excitement can be heard in her voice.

I don't even know why but I found myself lying.

"Oh, he doesn't eat avocados," I told her and her smile dropped in an instant.

My fist balled in frustration.

Suddenly, it feels like thousands of needles were being pricked within my heart, I had to take a deep breath.

"Oh, okay..." her shoulders dropped and I had to scold myself for lying.

I could have let her think that way but no matter how much I wanted to stop her from going to him, my heart seemed to automatically surrender.

"I was kidding..." I mumbled, trying to sound jolly "He'll love it," I added and a smile came across my lips at the sight of her ecstatic expression.

"Really?!" she almost jumped out of happiness and I nodded, smiling at her though deep inside I feel like something is definitely wrong.

Seeing you smile makes me even happier, and I fucking don't know why.