Chapter 13

Casey POV:

"Our next singer is a one of a kind

"Our next singer is a one of a kind. She has taken time off filming, which we thank her and her team for allowing her to, and brought her team with her, some even up for awards themselves. At  just 15 she is known for her voice and acting skills. She has been nominated for best teen singer tonight. Here to perform her new song 'bad boys' please put your hands together for, Casey Holland."

I waited till the lights dimmed before walking off backstage. Once I was free of mikes and everything I made my way to where the cast was before sitting in my seat between Dylan and Thomas. I watched as oscars were giving out until my brother came out and presented an award with Gina Roriguez. Zendaya came on as the last presenter.

"Throughout the last year teen singers have published new songs and they have all been a hit. Many have even managed to get number 1. Singing has become a way of expressing yourself and using it to show your feelings to a specific person." Everyone laughed lightly."Here are the nominees for best teen singer." Zendaya smiled.
"Madilyn Bailey, Wiser." Madilyn smiled at the camera as a piece of her song was played.
"Daniel Skye, Smile." daniel danced a bit in his seat as they played as piece of his song.
"Casey Holland, bad boys." I blew the camera a kiss as they played a piece of my music.
"Sam Tsui, TRUST" Sam cheered as the camera went on him and a piece of his song played.
"And the winner is.........." Zendaya said opening the envelope.
She looked at it before showing a look of shock. She mouthed 'what'.
"OMG. Casey Holland, bad boys."
My song began to play as I laughed and leaned back in my seat before getting up. Dylan gave me a hug and kiss on the head. Thomas stepped out for me to get out and hugged me before sitting down. I made my way up to the stage and went over to Zendaya smiling as I hugged her. Zendaya told me something as she handed me the award before they clapped and stepped back as I went to the mike.
"Zendaya just told me that she can't believe it. me neither girl, me neither. Wow. Umm, I won, I guess." Everyone laughed. " Thank you everyone for all the support. Thank you to the cast of The Maze Runner and Wes, the director, for giving me the day off to come. *camera flashes to them* I also want to thank my family who are out there somewhere, oh there they are." I smiled as they cheered and the camera went to them. "They actually didn't know I was coming today so I will no doubt be asked aloud of questions. i want to say congratulations to those that were nominated for this category, each of your songs were amazing. So yea, i hope i didn't forget anyone but thank you if I did. Umm, night I guess."
I waved before walking off with Zendaya.
Once we were done and I got pictures taken I made my way back to my seat where the cast was. Kaya was the first to see me and ran to hug me. i laughed as she pulled back. Will, Ki Hong, Dexter and Wes followed her lead.
"Congratulations Case. You deserved it." Wes said clapping me on my back.
"Indeed she did."
I turned to see my brother and cousin.
"Guys." I said hugging Tom.
"Hey sis, didn't know you were coming." He said as I hugged harrison.
"Yea. I was asked to sing, i was already nominated but you know."
"Well I'm so happy to see you." He said.
"You and me both."
"You going to the after party?"
"For awhile you?"
"yea. We'll go with ya."
"Cool. Oh by the way, this is the cast and my director, Wes Ball." i said pointing.
"Hi. Nice to see a good group of people looking after Casey." Harrison said.
"Oh, yea. She is like a sister." Thomas said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instagram:

Casey_Holland: Explain to me how you didn't see me

Casey_Holland: Explain to me how you didn't see me. i was literally right in front of you. #oscars2018 #oscarwinner #bestteensinger2018

tagged: tomholland2013

liked by nikkihollandphotography samholland1999 and 89,000 others

username:Congratulations on winning #bestteensinger2018
tomholland2013 :Were you actually @Casey_Holland.
thomassangster: We actually were @tomholland2013 yea.
hazosterfield: hahaha, he didn't even notice.
Casey_Holland: don't know what your saying, neither did you @hazosterfield.
kaya_scodelario: Congratulation girl, you did well.
will_poulter: Well done, you deserve it.
username2: Adorable.
robertdowneyjr: well done girl, proud of you. #unbiologicaldaughter.
Casey_Holland: Love you too @robertdowneyjr.