Chapter 2: Birthday Boy

Baekhyun's POV

I was finally able to calm down a few minutes after Tae left my room with terror in his eyes. He probably thought I was going to strangle him with my strong grip even though I was smaller than him. I dried my eyes which were still puffy from crying and changed into an large, baby blue sweater I found in the lost and found at my school. I threw my tear drenched, grey t-shirt into the pile of dirty clothes I had made on my floor. I walked out of my large room and went down stairs to eat.

"why did I cry like that?" I mumbled to myself as I walked down a granite staircase leading to the kitchen. I have been nervous to walk anywhere close to my dad knowing he probably was the one who was forced to buy my present from Taehyung. He was never a huge fan of "LGBTQ+" or "homosexuals" as well as Tae. Maybe that is why I was so happy, Tae did give me that pride flag... he accepts me.

I started to feel my eyes swelling once more as I try to fight off tears. I arrived in the kitchen only to be snuck up on by my mom who attacked me with an extremely tight hug and a large kiss on the top of my head. I quickly realized that my pink hair was pretty close to resembling a rat's nest if not worse. I tried to break free but gave up easily because I came to the realization that she was way stronger than Taehyung.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAEKIEE!" she soon released me giving me another kiss on my forehead that was covered by my dusty pink bangs. She was the one who has always understood me. I was a first year when she first asked me if I had a boyfriend. I could tell by the tone of her voice that she has always known and that made me feel more safe. We would talk about my feelings and about cute boys until the latest of hours. I could never talk to my dad about things like that without him telling me I needed to see a doctor or that I was broken. And maybe I am.

"Thanks mom, did you know about Tae's gift to me?" I wanted to know if she was behind it because she usually went out of her way to make me feel good.

"No... What was it! Was it that sweater your wearing?!"

SHE DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT IT?! I started to cry again and weakly reached for her. She rubbed my back which was still covered with this stranger's sweater, which I started to feel a strange connection with. I continued to tell her about his present which started to make her tear up as well. We held each other for a few minutes until she broke the silence.

"So where is this shirt from? I know I didn't buy it for you and it is way to large for your small body."

"I... I got it f-from the lost and found at school. I f-felt attached to... to it." I tried to hold in my tears but I couldn't stop sniffling. I saw her facial expression change slightly into her 'oh that's nice' look.

"What?" I asked wondering why she had the sudden mood change.

"Well... I was hoping it belonged to a potential boyfriend" She looked at me and I couldn't help but smile at her comment.

"Not yet Eomma" I continued to walk away to ask one of our maids to help me make breakfast because I still like to help cook even though both my parents make tons of money and pay people to cook for us. It sounds crazy but apparently I'm broken.

~Hello! I hope you are liking it so far!   I will be updating as much as I can until its done and  

please keep in mind that I am not proof reading, I may or may not edit it sometime in the 

future. Please vote and comment, BYE.~