True Lies

Morning

Outside there is a small memorial for Megan.

Elena walks into dorm room and Caroline is rifling through the contents of a cardboard box.

I'm just looking for some earrings.

Megan's memorial outside is growing by the minute. "Elena said.

Ugh, college kids are so dramatic. She was on campus for, like, one day. She couldn't have made that many friends. "Caroline said annoyed.

Caroline, she's dead. You can stop competing with her. "I told her.

Sorry, I'm in a mood. "She said.

You talked to Tyler? "Elena asked her.

He's deferring from enrolling and deferring from returning my phone calls, so I'm deferring from having sex with him ever again. "Caroline said.

How's the snooping going? Any explanation why our vervain-laced, vampire-slaughtered roommate had a picture of our dad on her phone? "Elena asked.

Say it a little louder. I don't think the other dorm heard you. "I said sarcastically.

Elena rolled her eyes.

No. "Caroline answered.

I hand Caroline a folder.

Oh, um, I went by the hospital this morning - Megan's death certificate. It says she died of suicide. No mention of the gaping vampire-bites on her neck. So, whoever signed off on the cause of death was part of the cover-up, just like the Founders Council back home. "I told her.

Dr. Wesley Maxfield. "She read.

A.K.A., our Applied Microbiology professor. I switched our classes around, so that we could- "I started.

Applied - what, what? Uh, Emely, we are supposed to be taking Intro to Communication. What happened to getting drunk and making bad decisions about boys? What happened to our fun freshman year at college? I am supposed to be a drama major! "Caroline complained.

You're not going to be an Anything major if we get exposed as vampires! "I raised my voice impatiently.

I stop, calming down my voice.

We are still gonna have our fun year, Caroline, but we have to protect ourselves. The way Damon kept his secret in Mystic Falls was because he infiltrated the Founders Council. So, bust out those alleged acting skills, and let's get on it, okay? "I explained.

Elena smiles at us, and finally Caroline relaxes and smiles back.

Doctor Maxfield's Classroom

Me, Caroline and Elena enter the lecture hall for Dr. Maxfield's class.

We pass by Jesse on our way to our seats.

Hey, Blow-Off Girl. Aren't you a freshman? How are you in this class? "Jesse asked Caroline.

What? I love - "Caroline stuttered.

She looks at the back board.

Applied Microbiology...It's, like, my favorite biology. You know, little things are just so...cute. "She finished.

He smiled amused.

Are you going to the bonfire tonight? Or are you just gonna get really close and then turn around and leave again? "Jesse asked her.

She'll be there. "I told him winking.

He smiled at me.

Sweet. We'll hang. "Jesse told her.