Chapter 12

*unedited*

Chapter 12

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It’s been a month and I’m relieved because I haven’t heard from Connor but I’m scared that he will find out soon where I am.

I heard my door open slightly then opened all the way.

“Mikyla you awake its almost 10:00” I was Kalli and she walked over to my bed and sat down. I heard something crack like paper. My eyes opened and widened when I realized what it was.

“What is…”

“No, don’t look at that!” I jumped up in a sitting position and grabbed the paper out of Kalli’s hands. Kalli looked worried.

“Mikyla are you alright? What is that?”

“I’m fine, it’s just some of my writing.”

“Can I see it?”

“NO!” I said fast and a bit rude. Kalli looked a little taken back by my reaction it made me feel bad. She has been nothing but nice to me and shared her story with me. After thinking about this I handed her the paper.

“Here you can read it.” I passed the paper to her.

“You don’t have to do that if you don’t want to.” She took the paper out of my hand and unfolded it.

She started reading the paper. It was one of my new songs I wrote, it’s kind of a rock/punk song.

It’s called “My Immoral”

“I'm so tired of being here

Suppressed by all my childish fears

And if you have to leave

I wish that you would just leave

'Cause your presence still lingers here

And it won't leave me alone”

When Kalli was done she looked up at me and gave me a weird look.

“What?” I started getting nervous because she wasn’t saying anything.

“I’m trying to figure things out. This song has so much emotion in it and I know you had trouble in school with friends but there is more to this.”

“Oh okay.” I was how I felt when ever I was with Connor and at school. Feeling mu awkwardness Kalli put her hand on my knee.

“Okay well how about you get ready because everyone is going to be over soon and I think Sammi and Jinxx have some announcements.” Kalli got up from my bed and walked to the door. She stopped when she got to the door.

“You should know that that song is really good and I would love to hear you sing it and possibly read other things you wrote, if that’s fine with you.”

I just sat there staring at my door. I finally got up and took a quick shower. I checked my body to see how I was healing, it looked good but I still don’t like showing my body. But I can’t always wear a sweatshirt because the temperature keeps going up. I settled on wearing leggings and shorts, I grabbed my All Time Low concert shirt then put on my bracelets to cover some visual scares. I walked downstairs after doing my hair and make up. I walked in to the living room to find Kalli and Andy cuddling on the couch.