Chapter 13

Hey guys,

Sorry for not updating in so long I have been crazy busy this past year and feel really bad because I have had this chapter and well as the next one written already just not posted.

I have a contest that I want to start. First I am really horrible at making covers for my book. So if you would like to make a cover for my story please go ahead and just message me the outcome. I will choose a winner and all the other ones will show up throughout my book. If you don't want to make a cover you can always make a banner.

Thank you and Happy reading,

Sarah :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 13

 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

September 1st, that's in about a month. Well it will be a month tomorrow. You're probably wondering why that date is important, why I want to tell you about it. It's the day I'm going back to Florida and my wonderful vacation is going to end. Well actually I don't even know if I'm actually going back on that day because Nana never told me when I'm going back. 

My parents and grandparents are coming over today. My parents said that it would be nice to have a family day because we haven't really talked as a family since I got here. Of course Andy couldn't say no to our parents because without them the band wouldn't have existed. So they are coming over around 2:00. Which is good because it's only 9:30 so I can stay up here and write then get dressed around 10:00.

 ~*~

 When I walked downstairs I didn't see anyone. When I walked into the kitchen I saw there was a note on the counter. 

Dear Mikyla, 

              Your brother and I are out; we need to pick up some things. Feel free to do whatever you want. 

Love, Kalli 

P.S. We will be back around noon. 

I looked at the clock and saw that they will be back in about 2 hours. So I decided on watching TV for a bit. I didn't realize how long I was watching TV for because Andy and Kalli had come back home and I was still watching TV. Andy walked straight into the kitchen to put what looked like food away. Kalli walked into the living room and sat next to me on the couch. 

"Hey so what are you watching?" Kalli asked when looking at the TV. 

"Well I was watching ABC Family but then turned on HBO. But I don't know what movie this is." 

"Oh cool. Well I just wanted to say that-"Kalli had been interrupted by someone knocking on the door.

"I'll go get the door. Why don't you go help Andy in the kitchen?"Kalli got up to go get the door while I walked into the kitchen after turning off the TV. 

"Hey Andy need any help?" 

"Yeah can you start on the mashed potatoes? You just need to peel the potatoes then cut them. I'm going to work on the steaks." 

"Okay " I grabbed the bag of potatoes and started peeling them. 

"Mikyla!" I stopped what I was doing and turned to see my mother standing there. She came up and hugged me. There is still some awkward tension between my parents and I but I guess this lunch/dinner is suppose to help with that. 

"How are you baby? Your brother's been good to you right? Because if he is not then I will have to beat him." Okay all this hugging is making me fell really uncomfortable right now. Luckily my brother saved me in time. 

"Really mom you're threatening me. I love my little sister. Anyway where's dad?" 

"Oh he is talking to Kalli in the front." 

"Okay then when are grandma and grandpa getting here?" 

"They should be here any minute now." 

As if on cue the doorbell rang. Kalli must have gotten the door because I heard the door open and a few hellos.They all walked in to the kitchen, I gave hugs to my grandparents then turned back to the potatoes and began working again. 

~*~

After Andy and I finished with cooking dinner, we decided that we would sit inside for dinner. About half way through dinner Nana cleared her throat. 

"So Mikyla I have a question to ask you."I looked up from my food at my grandmother. 

"Huh?" I looked up taken off guard by the tone of my grandmother's voice. "Yeah, what's up?"

"So as you know we are only here for the summer right?" I nodded my head in response to her.

"Well we were talking to your parents about next year. And we were wondering what you wanted to do. You know about college."I looked at my grandparents wondering what they meant by that. I mean she knows I haven't figured out what I wanted to do with my future yet.

"What do you mean?"

"Well I know that you didn't sign up for classes at the community collage for this semester." More curious on what she is going to say next. "So we - your parents and I - were thinking that if you wanted to you can stay here with your brother and possibly take some online classes and then we can meet up after the winter holidays and talk about what our next steps are."

I sat there staring at everyone thinking over this. I could stay here for the next year and be 3,000 miles away from the one person who screwed up my senior year.

"If I were to stay here in LA, where will I stay?"

"Sweetheart you will stay here with your brother and Kalli, I mean they have the room and I don't think they will mind." 

Right as my mother stopped talking the doorbell rang. Kalli looked like she was going to go get the door. I got up to answer the door instead, all the way to the door I was thinking about my decision because if I stay then that means no more Conner.When I opened the door I wasn't expecting to see him standing there in person, like in real life, not just in my dreams. I could never forget those eyes.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SarahR5BVB :)