Bonjour

"Little town," Lance steps out of his small home on the edge of the village, "It's a quiet village.. Every day like the one before," Walking down the steps of the front porch, Lance glances up at the town clock tower, "Little town, full of little people. Waking up to say..."

If as on que the town is alive. The bell chimes 7 AM and Lance enters the town.

"Bonjour!" Can be heard from everyone he passes.

"There goes the baker with his tray, like always," Lance walks up to the Baker and grabs a loaf of bread before dropping a few coins onto the bread tray and hiding the bread away in his bag, "The same old bread and rolls to sell.. Every morning just the same..." He walks off towards the towns small but cozy library, "Since the morning that we came...To this poor, provincial town-"

"Good morning town belle"

Lance chooses to ignore that comment and not let go to his head, "Good morning, mademoiselle.
Have you lost something again?"

The women nods, "Well, I believe I have... Problem is, I've-I can't remember what...Oh well, I'm sure it'll come to me! Where are you off to?"

"To return this book to Père Robert!" Lance shows her the book and flashes a dashing smile, "It's about two lovers in fair Verona!"

"Sounds boring."

Lance turns and frowns, "Well.. I'm off!"

He waves goodbye and makes his way through the crowd.

"Look there he goes, that boy is strange, no question..."

"Dazed and distracted, can't you tell?"

"Never part of any crowd. 'Cause his head's up on some cloud"

"No denying he's a funny guy,"

"That's Lance for ya'!" A citizen comments.

Passing through some of the market Lance listens into the conversations around him.

"Bonjour! Good day! How is your family?"

"Bonjour! Good day! How is your wife?"

"I need six eggs! That's too expensive!"

Lance sighs, "There must be more than this provincial life." He enters into the village library, immediately walking over to the bookcase where the book belongs.

"Ahh, if it isn't the only bookworm in town! So, where did you run off to this week?" Père Robert, the village librarian asks.

"Two cities in Northern Italy!" Lance explains happily as he searches through the selves, "I didn't want to come back! Have you got any new places to go?"

"I'm afraid not..." The libraian sighs, "But you may re-read any of the old ones that you'd like!"

Lance chooses his favorite book and turns to the libraian and gives him a soft smile, "Your library makes our small corner of the world feel big."

He turns on his heel and heads towards the door, "Au Revoir!"

"Bon voyage!"

Lance smiles to himself and begins to make his way through town with his nose stuck in the book. Passing the washing well.

"Look there he goes, the boy is so peculiar! I wonder if he's feeling well?"

"With a dreamy, far-off look! And his nose stuck in a book!"

"What a puzzle to the rest of us is Lance.." The young girls sing as the stare at him.

He notices and sits next to the young girls smiling.

"Oh, isn't this amazing? It's my favorite part because-you'll see!"

The girls stare curiously at him exchanging questioning looks between each other.

"Here's where she meets Prince Charming! But she won't discover that it's him 'til Chapter Three!"

"You're such a dreamer, Lance!" The oldest girl snaps.

"What's a world with out dreams?" He questions, smiling at the girls.

Soon enough a mother of one of them shoos him off, "Alright! Alright! That's enough! Girls, get back to work! And you, young man! Shouldn't you be off working on one of your families gadgets?!"

Lance backs away slowly smiling awkwardly, "Sorry mademoiselle! I'll be going!"

Lance hurries away not wanting a lecture from the townsfolk.

"Now it's no wonder that his nickname means "Beauty"! His looks have got no parallel!"

"But behind that fair facade. I'm afraid he's rather odd!"

"Very diff'rent from the rest of us. He's nothing like the rest of us!"

"Yes, diff'rent from the rest of us is Lance!"

Off in the distance, watching from a far. Nyma stares through the telescope that Rolo, her best friend let her borrow.

"Look at him, Rolo-my future husband! Lance is the most handsome guy in the village! That makes him the best!" She hands him the telescope and gushes to herself.

"But he's so... well-read!" Rolo looks through the telescope then places it in his lap pausing for a second, "And you're so... athletically inclined.."

"Yes... But ever since you know who died, I've felt like I've been missing something... And he's the only guy that gives me that sense of..." She pauses to think of the word.

"Mmm... je ne sais quoi?"

True to her blonde sterotype Nyma glances at Rolo before walking over to her horse, "I don't know what that means!"

Rolo mentally face palms and goes over to his horse.

"Right from the moment when I met him, saw him! I said he's gorgeous and I fell!" Nyma explains, "Here in town, there's only him, who is beautiful as me!" She flips her hair, "So I'm making plans to woo and marry him!"

Lance on the other hand walks past some woman who adored him since they were kids and tries to avoid them.

"Look there he goes! Isn't he dreamy?"

"Monsieur Lance! Oh, he's so cute!"

"Be still, my heart! I'm hardly breathing!"

"He's such a tall, dark, strong and handsome-"

A nearby horse kicks up some manure and it ends up on the adoring girls dresses causing them to go into a screaming panic. Lance chuckles to himself and continues walking, eventually making his way into the main market circle.
Making his way through, smiling and greeting townsfolk, Lance just tries to make it through the crowd and back home.

"There must be more than this provincial life." Lance murmurs.

At the exact same time across the market Nyma tells Rolo, "Just watch, I'm going to make Lance my husband!"

"Look there he goes, that boy is strange but special! A most peculiar monsieur!"

"It's a pity and a sin, that he doesn't quite fit in!"
"'Cause he really is a funny guy! A beauty but a funny guy, he really is a funny guy thats Lance!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bonjour! I'm not a person who speaks French so my French is Google translate and Beauty and the Beast script level... So forgive me please. Also I've been watching Beauty and the Beast a lot and I decided to make a klance au.... 'Cause the fandom doesn't really have much of it. Anyways I'll be updating this and Idol Love as frequently as I can.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~