| 39 |

☯

Today had been the most nerve wrecking day in his life. But finally he got his answer, he could finally make his dream come true. This was the day he had been waiting for.

He couldn't stop smiling.

The first thing he did after he finished the meeting was call his friends Yuan and Cyriel. He wanted to share the good news with them.

His call with his friends had ended twenty minutes ago, and he wasn't expecting them to arrive soon. They sounded busy on the phone.

"Z, what's the good news" he heard a voice behind him which caught him off guard.

Of course he was expecting his friends to barge into his house, he just wasn't expecting them to get here so quickly. It was almost as if they were expecting his call.

When he turned around he saw the two faces look at him in curiosity.

"Good news, I got my dad's permission to start that cat cafe I've always wanted to open" Z said with a smile, he threw his hands in the air of excitement.

His friends were shocked at first before they started to scream along with their friends. Z knew that he would get complaints later but right now he didn't care about it.

A part of him still didn't believe that his dream is actually coming true. He knew how much work it would be, but for now he didn't care. Right now he just wanted to enjoy the feeling.

He had never been so excited before in his life, it even caught his friends off guard. But the two quickly joined him with the cheering.

"We also have good news for you, we got you a special cake" Cyriel cheered as he pointed at the box that was laying on the kitchen table, Z realised he didn't even notice his friends coming in with a box earlier.

Yuan put his hand on the younger boy's shoulder, "it's a really special cake".

It made him curious to see what his friends had planned for him, he just hoped it wasn't anything stupid like when they got him a Cars birthday cake with the writing; "happy 12th birthday Zizi". He remembered how annoyed he was, and to tease them back he ate the cake all alone. Something he regretted later on.

"Don't worry" Cyriel joked at he cut the piece of tape that kept the box closed, "it's something that has resembled you for years".

Z raised his eyebrows, wondering what it might be. Knowing very well how much of a tease his friends are, it might as well be a whale formed cake or a monkey.

But when Cyriel had opened the box, he face palmed himself.

In front of him in a bakery's box was a Grumpy Cat cake. Of course he knew why they would say he resembles Grumpy Cat- he wasn't too pleased on the grumpy cat. But he was too overjoyed to care.

"Thanks idiots, don't worry I'll share this time" he smirked.

"If there's anything left" Yuan suddenly said smiling before he got some of the frosting on his finger, which made Z raise his eyebrows. Before he knew it the two boys covered his face with the frosting.

Z couldn't help but snicker while his friends were too busy colouring his face.

He didn't even care about the they were making, and even they were confused he let them do this to him. It made the two of them realise that this girl in his life was someone who was changing him in a good way.

  ☯ 

a/n; here's a little picture of Z's congratulations cake ~ヾ(^∇^)