| 59 |

☯

There was a stinging pain going through his head when he woke up. He grabbed his head with his hands as he sat up right, opening his eyes only to notice he somehow ended up in bed.

He tried to recall what happened the night before but he had no idea. Just thinking about it hurt his brain.

"Hi! Finally awake" he heard a loud voice yell at him.

He let out a moan while grabbing his head, letting himself fall back on his bed.

"Why do you hate me so much" he mumbled, covering his face with a pillow.

He felt the bed move, but decided not to look up- especially since his friend was screaming at him earlier. All he wanted right now was going back to sleep until his headache was gone.

"Say Z, you're funny when your drunk".

Immediately the pillow flew off his face as he looked at his friend, "Cyriel what did I say".

"You were talking about Latvia, but I don't know why you want to visit that country. Isn't it cold in Latvia?".

Z chuckled softly.

"I don't know, I haven't researched it".

All of the sudden Cyriel's eyes widened, pointing his finger at Z. "Perhaps you call the mystery girl Latvia so we won't know what her real name is".

"Almost, her name is Latvia" he truthfully told Cyriel as he rubbed his temples.

Cyriel's mouth dropped open, "her name is Latvia? The Latvia who works at the cafe?".

Z hummed.

He closed his eyes for a second before looking around for a paracetamol, that was until Cyriel gave him one and a bottle of water. Z thankfully accepted the items before taking the paracetamol.

Feeling some relief he leaned against his headboard while enjoying the silence.

"Can't believe she's the mystery girl, she's cute but short".

The two of them chuckled while Z thought back at how Latvia has to stand on her toes to reach things or when she wants to touch his shoulder.

"She's really nice, I think you could have befriended her".

His friend turned to face him with his eyebrows raised, "what do you mean could have?".

"We're currently not speaking, I don't think she wants anything to do with me anymore and I have to respect her choices".

"Are you serious?" Cyriel rolled his eyes, "if you really want something or someone you have to work for it, don't take no for an answer. Talk to her you fool, we all know you're whipped for the European country girl".

He shook his head.

"She made it clear that she wants nothing to do with me anymore".

Cyriel rolled his eyes, "does she still work at the cafe?".

Once again Z hummed softly.

"That's proof enough that she can't let things go, so for once take a chance and try to be happy" he pointed out, "I know that it's tragic you haven't seen your brother in 10 years, but that doesn't mean you can't be happy. You're not happy and we can all tell, that's why you got so drunk last night that it took the four of us to carry you here".

Z felt embarrassed since he had no idea what happened. Now that he knew, he just wanted to hide in his bedroom for a while. He barely got drunk, because if he did then he spills the beans about practically anything.

"Okay father I will".

"Funny how you always say father, never dad".

Z simply shrugged since both of them knew why he never calls his father dad.