Saving grace

.......
I lie still in the grass with closed eyes, listening for everything I could hear. The car stopped about thirty feet away from me. That only meant one thing. I drug myself up from the earths floor and held my head. "What do I do? Where do I go?" Thoughts swam through my head, but were soon interrupted by the slam of his car door. I had no choice. I took off through the forest dodging trees and bushes. This was it, this was my getaway. I couldn't hear him behind me, but I couldn't get rid of the thought that he was already ahead. "I can make it.. I can make I-" my whispers were stopped by me getting a taste of the dirt. I had tripped over a log. "Well you thought you could get away huh?" A familiar voice called in front of me. I pretended to be asleep, hoping he would think I landed on a steak or something. He jerked me up by my arm and held me close to his face. "You can never get away from me my love" he said coming in for a kiss. I yanked myself away, discovering my hidden strength.
"You're crazy to think I'm in love with you."
"Whatever, just come get back in the car and I won't hurt you."

Not another word came out of my mouth, not another sign of movement escaped from my bruised and sore body. Blake walked toward me and grabbed my arm with the quickness, but a roar of noise soon stopped him.
"Who are ya? What are you doin to this woman?" A man said getting out of his truck.
"I knew I wasn't evil...I knew The Lord would still come through for me." I thought. That man was a saving grace.

"Go head' ANSWER" he yelled.Blake stood speechless, there was no possible way that he could make up an excuse. If he did, it would be utterly ridiculous.
"Go away from this land... And never return" the man called out.
Blake put his head down and started to walk...but with my arm still in his grip.
My feet didn't move, so he was practically dragging me

"Leave her alone.. Leave her here, or I'll call the police. I should already"

I wanted to cry tears of joy. "My hitta my hitta Jesus take the wheel." I thought. I was so happy I thought I could pass out. Blake walked away to the street which was surprisingly near by. "This isn't over." He called out.

I spread my arms out and ran to the man for a hug. I squeezed him so tight, I thought I heard him wheeze. I let him go and thanked him numerous times.
"You can stay here if you want" he offered.
"No thank you I think I'm fine, but still sir you could've possibly saved my Li- I mean me from being seriously hurt." I said.
He nodded. "My momma taught me to help people when ya can, you know." He said putting his hands together.
"God bless you sir" I cried.
He kept nodding "same to you."
I turned around and walked away proudly to the street. I knew Blake left, because his car was long gone, but I knew I still wasn't completely free. I ran to the to the left with my superhuman speed until I reached the first gas station I could find. The inside of the store was cool and it looked like heaven to me. I needed to quench my thirst. Even though I had been "changed" I never wanted to be, and I definitely wasn't gonna follow through with the rules of it.
I picked up some Doritos and a sprite and paid for it at the cash register.

Now, all I needed was a plan and a place to go.