Back home......for now

For years, Blake separated me from my family when I lived with him, and I missed them ever so much. I would secretly text my little sister Audrey, and sometimes talked to my parents. I promised them I would come back home.

That is where I would go. He would suspect me there, but maybe I could just stay for a night. I had to see them. My strength was all gone and I didn't even know if I could walk anymore. The fight was not yet over though. For about an hour I walked until I got to my old neighborhood. The house was down the street and my eyes welled up with tears. I thought of myself as being silly for crying and I realized that it seemed like I had been kidnapped for 18 years. I should be crying. My emotions were coming, so I ran. I ran as fast as I could to the house and up the stairs leading to the door. I rang the doorbell. A unfamiliar voice said "I'll get it!" and opened the door. It was Audrey... It was my little sister. The last time I saw her, she was an adorable, spoiled, little three year old. Tears streamed down our faces and we saw each other. She must've remembered the picture I sent her when I planned my first escape..a year ago... She opened the door and hugged me with all of her strength. We were wetting up each other's clothes with tears.

"What is going on in he-" I heard the sweet voice I had fought to remember for ages. My mother. I looked at her and smiled wiping my tears. "Mommy" I cried as she rushed up to hug me. The soon after, I expected my father to come in, but he never appeared.

"Where's dad?" I asked while wiping tears.

"He uh-...he passed away about six months ago." Audrey said.

I couldn't believe it... That was one of the only things I wanted. To have fun with my father again. I loved both of my parents, but I was truly a daddy's girl. Memories of him teaching me how to dance popped up in my head. It reminded me of one of the things I had been longing, begging for to do.

To dance with my father again. Emotions over came me and I hugged them and cried in their shoulders.

I thought to myself, "He's in a better place now, all that matters is. I'm home."