I like you.

~~~~

Who would have thought that three little words could turn someone's world upside down. Just three little words that changed how you see everything and the person who you held dear.

I honestly never expected him to feel that way for me.

I knew that he was gay (there were so many "coming out" jokes) and he knew I was straight (I've had girls over). Even so, I didn't think he'd have those kind of feelings for me. We were friends; played video games together, had guys nights once a month, etc. You know, guy things. Our sexualities were never a factor in our friendship. But, then one night it was.

~~~~

It was our typical night in with some box mac-and-cheese since neither wanted to cook after a long week. We were just watching some random action show and he turns to me and says

"I like you"

"I like you too?" I say. "We're best friends,"

"No, I like you," He states while watching me.

...

oh.

Oh.

OH!

I promptly choked on a noodle while he rushed to the kitchen for some water. I could feel the burn in my chest but I think the shock was more prominent at the moment.

My best friend confessed to me and all I did was choke on a noodle.

He came back and gave me the cup while he started hitting my back. I appreciate the effort but I think it did more harm than good.

In the end, I told him that I don't feel that way about him.

At least...

I thought I didn't. 

~~~~