Review 12: Forbidden

Author: linaxwrites   

Reads: 7M

Description:

Forbidden love/ Age difference/ Best friends brother/ Drama/ Romance

This is the first 'best friends brother' story I've read in a while, this will definitely be read again. 

Forbidden is the story of Arielle, she's shy and innocent. Arielle's never been the one for parties or drinking, her best friend Nina has. It's the summer before college; Arielle's round Nina's all the time, it's like her second home. Then Harry returns, Nina's older brother has been gone for years- living in America. Now he's back, tall, tanned and gorgeous as ever; instantly he shows an interest in Arielle. But Harry's crude, a fuckboy- not one for relationships, or is he? 

We all love the stories where Harry is hot af. Just like this one. He is most definitely the man to make you swoon, his confident and cocky attitude making him even more attractive (if possible).  However, there's more too it. Why doesn't Harry like commitment and stick to one girl? In the story, he's got depth. You have to figure him out, I like that. 

Arielle is an interesting character. She's easily persuaded, I wouldn't say a pushover, but Nina can convince her to do most things. She's also independent and strong minded, which we note closer to the end of the story. Throughout the story we see a change in Arielle, a good change, she grows as a person despite some of the troubles she faces. What's more is that she can acknowledge that. I feel like we see her from being such an easy target to someone who can fight for herself, she becomes more confident in herself.

As for Arielle and Harry as a pair. Oh god they're cute. At first, it's understandable for her to be unsure of him. All she knew before was Harry the troublemaker and now he's back with a fuckboy reputation. He's just too endearing to ignore. A charmer, a narcissist and drop dead gorgeous. Deep down I think Arielle always knows that there's more too him, despite the constant worry of him being unfaithful with other girls. Arielle's right to be insecure, he has an intense reputation. Arielle helps Harry grow and make his way back to the boy everybody loved. 

Family is an interesting theme in this story. Both Arielle and Harry/Nina have very fractured family relationships is some way. Arielle's always over at Nina's and it's not necessarily that she doesn't get on with her parents, she just prefers to be with Anne and Robin. Harry was sent away at 14 to live with his dad in America, even when he comes back the loyalty and support from Anne and Robin isn't massive. Perhaps that's why, among other things, Arielle and Harry rely on each other so much.

Nina and Alfie are the two main friends in the story. Alfie is a typical GBF but who doesn't love that? He's extra, funny and supportive. Nina, is out going and funny but she can sometimes be quite selfish. Personally, I prefer Alfie. 

Okay so I say you all go and show this story some love and let me know if you do. 

//////

nearly 2k reads guys so tysm x

if you're reading my story Floral, sorry if you're waiting on an update. i'm just so busy and like to spend time writing stuff in advance.

lemme know if you've read Floral.

comment down below if you've read Forbidden and what you think!

FOLLOW/SHARE/VOTE/COMMENT.

THANK YOU AGAIN!