Talking in your sleep - Chapter Eighteen.

Hello:D

Enjoy!!!!

Oh, and tomorrow is Courtney's 16th birthday!!!!!!! Just sayin.(;

You should so say happy birthday to her tomorrow.

-Peyton.

-----------------------------------------

Corrine:D

I woke up the next morning in Alex's bed. Woah. How'd I get here? I rolled over to a sleeping Alex. Where's Liam?

I nudged Alex. "Al, how'd I get in here?"

She mumbled something into her pillow and waved her hand at me dismissively. I sighed, I was definitely going to have to ask her later. I checked the time, 8:00 AM. We'd have to leave here around 11 to make it to our interview on time. I was pumped to meet Big Time Rush.

Kendall? Mmmm.

The best part was that I can get my flirt on considering I don't have a boyfriend. I thought about Jamie and how I blew him off the other night. A wave of guilt washed over me as I strode into the kitchen.

Liam was sitting at the table, drinking a cup of tea. "Good morning, Cory."

"Morning, Li." I said as I looked in the fridge for some chocolate milk. Once I realized we had none, I groaned.

Liam stood, placing his cup into the dishwasher after rinsing it out. "What's wrong?"

"There's no chocolate milk." I pouted and stomped my foot like a child.

He laughed. "Come on, we'll go to the drug store and get baby Cory a gallon of chocolate milk." Liam grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the apartment so fast that I barely had time to slip into my shoes.

I glared at the back of his head. "You know, I can take my kidney back."

"No you can't." He laughed. "I have your kidney forever and there's nothing you can do about it."

We quickly bought the chocolate milk and some razors - Liam needed to shave, really bad - and exited the drug store. Liam and I linked arms as we walked into the apartment building.

I frowned as I thought about how bad I wanted to move out of this building. It just wasn't big enough for Alex, Taylor, Skylar, the boys, and I. Since the boys would be gaining more freedom to come back to New York more often and Taylor and Skylar were graduating next year, they'd be around more often within the next two years. Alex and I NEEDED more space.

Not only did we need more space, I also wanted a more homey-feel to it. It just doesn't feel like a home, it feels more like a hotel room.

The thing was, is that we just bought this apartment. We didn't have the money right now to buy a new one.

I sighed aloud as the elevator doors opened onto our floor. Liam glanced at me questioningly. "Everything alright?"

"Dandy." I said, smiling weakly.

Liam frowned. "I'm not dumb, Cor."

"I never said you were." I retorted. "Just don't wanna talk about it, is all." I opened the door to the apartment as Liam sighed.

"You shouldn't keep things bottle up, you know." Liam said. "And that's all you ever seem to do. Then you snap and have to have Niall calm you down. Don't you think he gets tired of that?" The last sentence came out a little more harsh that he meant for it to be and I think he knew it. But he also knew, just as I did, that it was too late.

The bottom of my lip quivered as I set the jug of chocolate milk on the table. O didn't even bother to get a glass. Instead, I walked out of the kitchen, heading for my bedroom. Once I was behind my locked door, I let the tears fall.

I'm nothing but a nuisance to my baby brother.

--------------------------

As we headed to the interview that was an hour away, I stayed silent. I was afraid that if I opened my mouth, the only sound that would come out was a sob. I fiddled with my fingers as I looked out the window.

I got a lot of concerned glances from Alex, but I ignored every single one. I acted as if I didn't even notice her looking at me. I wouldn't want to burden her like I did Niall, would I?

I rested my head on the cool glass, allowing my eyes to flutter shut.

**DREAM**

"Why do you torture Niall like this, Cor?" I heard Liam ask. "Why do you torture Alex like this, too?"

"I swear, I don't mean to make their lives hell!" I said, tears threatening to spill. "I love Ni and Al!"

Liam appeared before me, arms crossed in defiance. "All you ever do is complain to them. Don't you ever listen to their problems?"

I frowned. I thought I did. At the hospital I made Niall tell me what was wrong. Alex and I confided in each other for the months when the boys were gone. I can't help that I have a lot of problems. "You know," I snapped. "You should be grateful that you're even alive. I didn't have to give you my kidney, you ungrateful prick."

*END OF DREAM*

Before he could reply, I was jerked awake. I met the shocked faces of 5 boys and 3 girls. "Corrine," Taylor said. "That was harsh."

I gulped. "Did you hear what I said?"

Alex nodded, confirming my worst fear.

Shit.