Chapter 7

Chapter 7

“Okay explain it to me again” says Amabel. We are sitting in the dorm on our beds. Pidge is still shaken.

“We where standing there and there was something moving n the bushes.” I reply suppressing a sigh.

“Oh my god. There was something in the bushes.” She laughs at us. “P, it was probably just an animal.”

“Yes, of course, because lots of animals have hands.” I’m getting mad at her. It was most definitely not an animal. “Something grabbed my ankle.” I say

“Monkeys maybe?” Amabel suggests

“I agree with Amabel. P it was just a monkey,” Pidge gets up and join our conversation. They might be right. I just put it out of my mind for now. I lie down on my bed and breathe deeply.

I feel a small pain in my heart. I haven’t talked to Orvil since that night we played truth or dare. I didn’t mean to pull away. Okay maybe I did. I’m not even sure anymore. I cover my face with my hands and sigh. I need to talk to him. I sit up and get off my bed.

“Where are you going?” Pidge asks. “You’re not gonna try and find that monkey are you?”

I giggle at her “No I need to fix something.”  She shrugs and goes back to painting her nails.

I look into the boys’ room but he isn’t there. I go onto the main deck.

He’s there talking to another boy. I walk his way and tap him on the shoulder.

“Can we talk?” I say

“Talk to you later man. Okay?” he says to the boy that is now walking away. “What? Here to break my heart again?” he walks past me and towards the rooms downstairs.

“Orvil forgive me?” I plea while running after him.

“Why should I? You said you really liked me and then I try to kiss you and you back away! Were you lying or something?” he turns to face me, emphasizing every word, scaring me little.

Why did he have to make it so hard?

“I never meant to hurt you. I was just nervous and panicked.” I reply. I feel my lip quiver as I finish. Feel tears rush to my eyelids.

“How can I be sure you’re not lying now?” he puts hands to his forehead.

“I was never lying!” I’m almost yelling now. “Why can’t you just believe me?” I whisper now.

“I don’t know if I believe you.” He stares at me. His dark, serious eyes staring into my mind. He seems so sinister. Much different from the Orvil I met with at Morrisdale Park. The one that left me the note on my windowsill. The one that walked me home from the hospital.

A tear slides down my cheek. I’m frustrated and tired and I just want him to forgive me.

“If I was lying would I be crying right now? If I was lying then why did come here?” I move closer to him, cornering him. “If I was lying then why did I freak out when you left me that note? If I was lying then why am I standing here begging you to just forgive me?” I scream at him and run away.

If that wasn’t enough proof then what was? If he needed more proof I didn’t need him. I run to my bed and try to block him from my thoughts.

“P are you okay?” Amabel asks

“I’m fine!” I shout at her “I’m sorry I just need to sleep.”

“Do you want to talk?” says Pidge coming to join Amabel

“Maybe later.” I sob into my pillow drowning out everything so all I can hear is my crying and all I can feel are the tears on my cheeks.

***

 When I wake up I’m not in my bed. I open my eyes to black. It must be late. I put my hands to my eyes to rub sleep from my eyes. I don’t feel my skin, only cloth. I’m wearing a blindfold.

I remove it and see a figure huddled over a fire blowing at the dying embers. I get up and walk towards the coals in the sand.

“Need help?” I say the figure turns around.

“Sure.” I can’t see his face but it is not Orvil’s voice.

“Who are you?”  I say. Who took me out of bed and brought me here. The figure stands up so I can see his face. “Robyn?” I say

“Why are you so surprised?” he smiles at me.

“Maybe it has to do with the fact that you made out with Amabel and you were staring at her with googly eyes.” I reply sarcastically.

“I was staring at you!” he yells

“Why me?” I yell back.

“You have the most beautiful face I have ever seen.” He steps closer to me. And back away. Anger builds inside me. I thought he was Orvil. He ruined my night. I bring my hand back to my face and slap his face as hard as I can. My hands stings on the moment of impact. He turns away, and looks back at me. Where my hand hit is a large red mark that cover most of his cheek. His eyes burn with hate.

“You are going to regret that.” He says he pulls his hand back and his fist is aimed for my face. His fist hit my eye. The force pushes me to the black sand. I struggle to stand back up but my arms can’t hold me up. I roll over and look at him as his foot thrusts toward my side.

Suddenly, someone jumps out of the bushes and lands right on him. I grab my side and scream in pain. He broke something. I let a tear shed. I just lie on the sand. Listening to skin hit skin.

“Don’t you touch my girlfriend ever again!” One final blow followed by a powerful silence. I turn my head to a hooded man kneeling over me. “Are you hurt?” he says. I shake my head as another tear slides down the side of my face. “Can you walk? Or do I have to carry you?” he asks.

“Carry me Orvil?” I say. He wraps his arms around me. I wince as my side aches like acid being poured on it. “Do you forgive me?” I ask.

“Yes.” He says. I close my eyes and let him carry me back onto the boat.