Chapter 20 (Kakashi POV)

"Misaki!!" I yell as I watch her walk away. I looked at her with terrified eyes. Is she really going to give up her life for us? She looks back at me and I see her body float into the air, her purple chakra being absorbed into the statue. She screams out in pain. 

  "Misaki!!" I yell again, fighting to get lose of my restraints. I finally break free from the ropes that tie my hands and feet together and jump up. I am about to run towards her, but a pair of arms holds me back.  "Let me go, Asuma!" I yell, kicking and punching at him. Kiba hands Naruto off to Shikimaru and comes over to help Asuma restrain me.

  "We need to get out of here, Asuma-sensei! Before they change their minds!" Shikimaru yells. Kiba and Asuma start dragging me backwards.

  "No!!!" I yell, still fighting them.  "Damn it!! Why won't you let me go!?" I ask them, my hopes of getting free gradually falling. 

  "Trust me, Kakashi!" Asuma grunts, still pulling me away. By now we are outside the cave. I look into Asuma's face and realize he has a plan. I allow them to drag me further away. We stop underneath a big tree, the entrace to the cave out of our sight.

  "What 's the plan?" I ask. Asuma grins.

  "Actually, it's the eleven tails plan," he tells me. I look at him confusedly. 

  "What do you mean?  You actually spoke with it?" I ask, eyes narrowed. 

  "When Misaki transformed to get here faster, it spoke to us. I don't think she even knew it was happening," Shikimaru tells me, laying Naruto down beside me. Ino gets to work healing any wounds Naruto has.

  "So what was its plan?" I ask.

  "Well... I don't know if you'll like it, but we have to let the Akatsuki finish absorbing her chakra into that statue," Asuma says.

  "What?! But she'll die!" I growl, anger getting the best of me.

  "Yes, but only for a second. Her chakra isn't compatible with the statue, but the Akatsuki think it is. Once it's safe for them to return, the eleven tails will bring Misaki's spirit back to her body," Shikimaru explains.

  "So all we can do is wait, right?" I hear Naruto say. I look over to see him sitting up. 

  "I don't like this idea," I complain like a child. 

  Asuma rolls his eyes at me. "It's the only one we have," he says.

  "Let's just go with it for now, Kakashi-sensei. My gut tells me this is the right thing to do," Naruto tells me.

  I sigh in defeat. "I swear if she dies, I will never forgive any of you," I tell them, letting my voice become harsh.

  "We know," they all five say together.