Chapter 22

I wake up again, but this time it looks like I'm in the hopital. Past events flash back to me in an instant and I groan as pain shoots through my head. I sit up slowly. Looks like they were able to fix me. I glance over to see Kakashi asleep in a chair, Icha Icha Paradise open on the floor. I go into a fit of uncontrollable laughter as I read the opened page. 

  Kakashi darts up from his seat. He gets up to fast and falls in the floor next to his pervy book. I just laugh harder, giggles turning into sobs as I grip my side trying to catch my breath. The door slams open and Naruto comes running in.

  "What did you do to her, sensei?" he asks Kakashi angrily as he runs over to my side to quiet me down and protect me from further harm. I take a deep breath and try to calm myself.

  "Don't worry, Naruto. Kakashi hasn't done anything to harm me!" I giggle, still unable to calm myself completely. Naruto's face relaxes when he notices I'm laughing, not crying.

  "I see your back to normal," Lady Tsunade smiles as she comes into the room. Many other people follow her and the room becomes quite crowded. I look around and notice that I know all of these smiling faces. They are all the people I've met in the Hidden Leaf.

  "Everyone is glad that your OK. You had us worried," Tsunade says, followed by a chorus of yeah's. I smile at all of them, tears threatening to spill from my rapidly blinking eyes. I feel strong arms wrap around my waist and I lean into Kakashi. I've been thinking about something since I woke up in front of the cave and its time I brought it up.

  "Thank you, everyone," I say, gathering the strength I need to ask this from Kakashi's presence. "I know this is sudden, but it's really important," I look around at the awaiting faces, all eager to do anything to help me. I smile. "Can you guys help me save my old village?" I look down at the floor, scared of what I might see.

  "Believe it!" Naruto yells. I glance up. Instead of betrayal I see determination in everyone's faces. 

  "I actually have to agree with Naruto this time. You've done a lot for this village. It's the least we can do," Tsunade grins at me. I grin back. This was easier than expected. 

  "Now that that's over. Can I leave the hospital?" I ask her. She nods. I look up at Kakashi. "Take me home?" I yawn. His eyes look at me mischievously and we poof from the hospital back to the one place I will ever call home.