Replaced.

• Dedicated to To whoever reading this xx

        The only good luck many great men ever had was being born with the ability and determination to overcome bad luck.

-Channing Pollock

         The sleep-wrecker machine annoyingly blasts its full sound straight to my ear. I hastily turn it off. I want to sleep more. I need extra rest to fulfill my 8 hours of sleep. I only snooze for 4 freaking hours and this stupid machine-

          Kriiiiing!Kriiiiing!

          Oh I hate myself for setting a lot of alarms. With one last grunt, I press the off button to six alarms I’ve set last night. I check my smartphone; it is the first thing that lifts my mood each time.

 @1DSuperUpdates:One Direction at Heathrow Airport earlier. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ddfsdwfrf.jpg

          @1DSuperUpdates: Zayn at Heathrow airport. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ffgyjyifrf.jpg

         My mood rise automatically from its bliss. I’ve been living here in London for almost 7 months and to tell you the truth, I never saw One Direction personally. I tried my best, though. Now I have a chance again. I immediately open the picture of Zayn. Woahwoahwoah Zayn in his morning glory. What a hottie. I’ll see you soon. I smile to myself before getting up from my cozy bed.        

         Life is so unnerving when you have a job 5am in the morning and seeing the face of evil witches every day. Thankfully, I have Jamie, my friend, who tends to hold me back before I punch their faces. I also have no place to run to; it’s the only job near here in my apartment.

         After taking a shower and changing my clothes, I put some light make up and dash outside my apartment. Gosh, I’m going to be late for work and my boss will surely screech in my face and will embarrass me in front of some customers. They’re so good to me to the extent that I almost want to choke them with my kindness.

         I stand at the edge of the street and wave for taxi but drivers keep avoiding me. They don’t do this intentionally, do they? I scream for taxi for the last time but I don’t have a hope. I only have 10 minutes left before my working hour starts. It looks like I’m going to wait here for an hour. Good luck my ear for later. The famous scold of my boss will be repeated for the nth time in the history.

         I run inside the coffee shop before I catch a glimpse of my boss. I tiptoed like a ninja and silently open the room for authorized personnel. After I close the door behind me, I sigh in relief. I thought I’ll run into her and my poor eardrum will have to hear her aggravating voice again. Ninja moves. Well, if I have a body like a ninja, I’ll be one of them. My skill in sneaking out is getting better. I turn around and see her, arms crossed in her chest. Aha, it’s a really good choice that I didn’t become a ninja.

         “Elena Grey! Come to my office- now!” I bit my lips and nod. Bless you my ears.

         Inside her office, she stands there, her back is faced on me. She turn around  in a brief moment. I look at the middle aged woman in her maroon dress. She have this petite body but no one would dare to trick her with her strict aura. That is why I hate dealing her, she’s so serious and I think “fun” is not in her dictionary.

         “Ma’am?” I politely smile at her.

         “Here’s your half-month check, now you’re ready to go.” She walks to me to hand the check.

         “Ma-why?” No. I can’t lose a job! I just have a small savings in my piggy bank!

         “You’re always late,” she says.