Ch. 9 Now They Know

*Zoe's POV*

"Zoe, wake up." Is what I woke up to. I looked at my door and Louis walked in. He sat on the bed next to me and I sat up.

"You still need to tell me what happened." He said.

"What?" I asked.

"Yesterday?" He said.

"Oh..... That's a long story. I was walking along the beach, and I spotted Alfie, Joe and Marcus" I told him what happened and how Joe helped me. I need to call him.

"But you're okay now, yeah?" Louis asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine Lou. Niall healed me, didn't he?" I laughed out.

"I'm just checking, sis." He said, hugging me. We hugged for like 5 seconds, before he said in my ear:

"Do we really have to tell them?"

I pulled away. "Louis...." I sighed.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry. I'm just-" he started

"Nervous. I know. Niall and I are too. But it will be okay." I told him.

"Let's get this over with." Louis sighed. "Change and then meet me in Niall's room."

"Okay." I got changed and walked over to Niall's room. I heard Louis talking, so I walked in.

"Ok, you're here. Lets do this." Louis said. We all got up and walked downstairs.

"Hold on, before we do this, I need to call Alfie." I told Louis and Niall, who nodded. I got my phone out and dialled his number.

"You got me." He answered.

"Hey Alf, it me."

"Zoe, hey. Are you okay? I'm so sorry about what happened yesterday with that blonde chick." He said.

"No, no. I'm fine. I just wanted to call you so you wouldn't worry. And to tell you something else...." I trailed off.

"Are you breaking up with me?" He asked.

"No! No! Um.. We're telling the boys today..." I told him.

"Oh, do you want me to come over?" He asked.

"No, I just... I want you to know in case I need you later." I told him.

"Okay, let's do this." I said to Louis and Niall. They were in the living rom with everyone else.

"Why'd you need to call Alfie?" Louis asked.

"Just to tell him I'm okay, and for support." I said.

"Okay..... Guys... We need to tell you something..." Louis said, looking at Liam and Harry.

"W-what is it?" Liam said.

"Just, follow us." Niall said.

They all got up and we walked to the indoor pool. I stood by Louis and Niall and looked at Liam and Harry.

"Guys, before we show you this, you have to promise not to tell anyone. This is probably the biggest secret ever." I said. They all nodded, confused.

"You promise?" Louis asked.

"We promise." Liam said.

"Okay." Niall said. We all looked at each other and nodded.

I grabbed their hands and we all stepped in. The bubbles surrounded us. I looked up at the guys, their eyes were wide. The bubbles stopped and I looked at Louis and Niall.

"You-you're.." Harry said.

"We're merpeople." I said.

"This is.. Incredible. Does anyone else know?" Liam said.

"Li, it's not incredible! They didn't tell us until now! And other people probably knew about it before us!" Harry yelled. Oh no...

"Harry-" Louis started, but was cut off.

"No! Don't even talk to me!" He yelled. He walked off, and I heard his bedroom door slam.

"Louis." I said, swimming over to him. He was holding his head in his hands. He was muttering to himself,"I knew we shouldn't have done this."

"Lou, it's gonna be okay. Just give him some time to calm down." Liam said.

"No, no. It's not gonna be okay. He hates us." Louis cried. I hugged him.

"It will be okay Louis, he'll come around." Niall said.

"No, no." Louis said. He got out of the pool, dried himself off, and ran to his room.

"Guys look, I know you need to settle things between Harry, but I want to know what's going on." Liam said.

"Okay, Niall. Can you explain everything to Liam, while I go settle things with Harry?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said. We both go out of the pool and dried off.

I got out of the pool and grabbed my phone as it buzzed.

'From Alfie:
Reminder about movie night at our house tonight!'

I ran up the stairs to Harry's room and knocked on the door.

"Harry, please let me in." I said. To my surprise, the door opened, and Harry stood there looking slightly mad.

"Can we please talk?" I asked, and he nodded. We both sat on his bed.

"Harry, you have to believe me when I say that telling you guys, telling anyone, is the hardest thing for us to do. Yes, we've known you guys for years, but it's still extremely hard to tell anyone. The only reason Alfie knows, is because He is a merman." I told him.

"Okay.. Who else knows?" He asked.

"Joe Sugg, Marcus Butler, Connor Franta, Tyler Oakley, and Troye Sivan. They know because they came to England for a YouTube convention and stayed with me at my flat. Harry, we all love you guys, but we couldn't just tell you. And Louis, he was scared to tell you guys. He thought you guys would act just like you did. He just didn't want to lose you guys I don't either." I said.

He sighed."I'm sorry for acting the way I did, I was just hurt at you waited so long to tell us. I honestly think its amazing that you're a mermaid. So amazing." He said.

"Harry, Louis is in his room probably bawling his eyes out because he thinks he's lost his best friend." I said, reading Louis' mind. "He thinks you think he's a freak." I told him.

"I have to go talk to him." He said.

*Louis' POV*

I'm sat in my room crying. I can't believe I lost my best friend. He thinks I'm a freak. Why did I have to be born like this? Why me? I wish I could take this away, I don't want to be a merman.

I heard a knock on the door, but didn't bother answering.

"Louis, please let me in." It's Harry. I got up and walked to the door, opening it slightly.

"Harry? What are you doing?" I asked.

"Lou, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have acted that way. I was just upset because you waited so long to tell us. But Zoe told me why you waited so long. I acted the way you were scared of us acting. I'm sorry." He said, pulling me into a hug. I hugged him back tightly.

I have my best friend back.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.--.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Rewritten and Fine!

QOTC: what power would you have if you were a mermaid
AOTC: controlling/moving water.

Oh also, check out my other story! It's called THAT Tomlinson Twin!!

Til next time

-DYE