Prolouge

The kitten slowly opened her eyes, revealing the tiniest of slits. Her ears where small and lay against her head, her fluffy tail curling around her tiny body. The cold ruffled her ear tufts and made her black nose twitch. It was very strange to hear and smell all these new things. Gingerly the kit took one front paw and lay it on the cold smooth stone surface. Slowly she stood up, keeping her balance for a little while. It had only taken her a few moments to realize the strange cat that was much bigger then her was her mother. Her mother was long-furred, black and brown coated in a brindle pattern. The mother cats orangish-green eyes seemed to cast a glow on the kit but maybe it was only because it was dark in the den.

"Why hello there, Berrykit." Her mother mewed softly to her and touched her big black nose to the kits small side. Berrykit opened her mouth but nothing came out, she tried again and again until finally she made a loud kitten meow that seemed to wake up the other two queens in the den. Berrykits mother looked over to them. "Sorry." She whispered. One queen slowly pushed herself up, her gray belly swollen with kits. "No problem, Brindlebreeze." The queen mewed. The queen that had stood up was a pretty gray she-cat with a white tipped tail and ears. The third queen sat up, her fur was a muddy brown and she was letting her two tiny kits suckle as she cleaned her neck fur.

Berrykit looked down from her mother to see another kit. This kit was a golden colored she-kit with long fur. The kit started snuffling then finally lifted her small head, revealing her kit blue eyes. Brindlebreeze purred to them both and the second queen sat down, watching ad Berrykit smacked the other kit in the head. What is this other kit doing by my mamma? She asked herself. "Berrykit don't do that...that's your sister...Honeykit!" Brindlebreezes tone was stern but amusing. "I'm sorry Cinderfur for waking you!" Brindlebreeze mewed to the second queen. Cinderfur shook her dark gray head. "No it is quiet alright."

The two queens heard a shuffling outside and twitched their ears. Berrykit turned to the sound also. A tall muscular yellow tom with a white underbelly walked out form another den beside the nursery. "Oh it's only Sunripple." Cinderfur purred to Brindlebreeze. The tom made his way to the nursery, he purred at his mate, Brindlebreeze and they touched noses. Berrykit all the while mewed loudly again so she'd have attention. The tom looked down.
"Aww she's awake!"
"And so is Honeykit." Brindlebreeze purred. Sunripple studied the two kits then finally left the nursery. "Another patrol." Brindlebreeze purred, laying down from her sitting position. This time Honeykit squealed. "I'm hungry!" She wailed. Berrykit flattened her ears to shield out her annoying littermate. Honeykit started suckling as Berrykit lay down beside her mama, looking out as Dawn approached.