"Time for training!" A far away voice meowed at Berrypaw. Berrypaw groaned and covered her eyes with her paws.
"Can't I sleep a little longer?"
"Sorry Berrypaw, now come on let's go!" A second voice woke her up, it was Russetpaw. The other apprentice where already waiting with their mentors at the entrance to the camp. Berrypaw raced over to them with Spiderfur and Russetpaw close behind. "We are going to start hunting today!" Spiderfur announced, walking off into the woods, the other cats following. Grayheart was Russetpaws mentor and had taken him the opposite way of Berrypaw and Spiderfur. "This is we're we'll start!" Spiderfur meowed. She pricked up her smooth black ears and narrowed her eyes to slits. Berrypaw watched with great enthusiasm, not even twitching an ear. Everything was quiet, Spiderfur crouched infront of a berry bush, ready to pounce. Berrypaw held her breath until finally Spiderfur had caught a rabbit. Ice clan usually ate rabbits and mice but sometimes a Squirrel that should belong in Pine clan would wonder onto their territory. "Ok your turn!" Spiderfur purred while dropping her catch at her paws. Berrypaw pricked her ears and sensed a mouse digging a hole to her left. She turned that way quietly and stalked up to the reeds it was hiding in. Berrypaw could see it's skinny tail and it's light brown fur as it dug at the soft ground.

Berrypaw pounced, barely catching it and gave it a quick bite to the neck before picking it up and bringing it to Spiderfur. "Very good for your first time! But I could tell the mouse sensed you so next time try to keep more under the wind." Spoderfur praised. Berrypaw nodded and after a bit they had caught some fresh kill. Two mice, three rabbits, and a small squirrel. It was mildly hot that day, thank Starclan Berrypaw still didn't have all her long fur yet. Spiderfur and. Berrypaw where making their way back when they heard a rustle in the leaves. Berrypaw twitched an ear and turned around. Spiderfur stared at the bush the thing had moved in. Berrypaw then shrugged and carried on, Spiderfur following.

"Hi Spiderfur!" Grayheart purred to his mate as they met at the battle practice clearing. Russetpaw was carrying a tiny mouse and Grayheart put down his adder. "We where just on our way to the edge of the border. The edge of the border marked the line between Ice clan and Pine clan. Spiderfur nodded. .well we could meet you there!"she purred. Aren't we suppose to get back to camp before the sun-high patrol get back? Berrypaw asked herself but apparently Spiderfur didn't care she just wanted to be with her mate. Berrypaw shrugged and dug a hole to lay her prey in while Spiderfur and Grayheart talked. Russetpaw padded up to Berrypaw, his green eyes scanning the hole. "Can I put my moutse in der?" Her mouthed around his mouse. "Of course!" He dropped his puny mouse in the hole and they both walked up behind their mentors. "I suppose a little trip to the border won't hurt us!" Russetpaw purred. Berrypaw just nodded and felt like something wasn't right.

After a bit of walking Berrypaw looked up at the sun. Almost sun-high. She thought as she padded softly beside Russetpaw. A shadow in the corner of Berrypaws eyes made her shift that way and look. To her left was that black cat again! Why was she there? She seemed to have sparkling fur and soft green eyes. She stared right at Berrypaw and Berrypaw wondered if it was just another clan cat or was she seeing things? "We're here!" Grayheart purred. Grayheart and Spiderfur sat beside eachother, their eyes closed. Berrypaw rolled her eyes and looked to her left again. The she-cat was gone! Berrypaw decided to go follow her, maybe she'd find something! The air was tainted with rain and Berrypaw could barley get a whiff of what the black cats scent was, if she had one. Berrypaw started off slowly, her black and brown fur lay flat against her skinny body as she made her way toward the clump of trees. It was defiantly sun-high now as Berrypaw could tell. Suddenly she felt a sharp pain in her back right leg. She yowled with pain and tears weld up in her green eyes. She looked down but all she could see was blood by her feet. Berrypaw turned around just to see Russetpaw rushing to her, Spiderfur and Grayheart shortly behind then everything went black.