The Coupe

The Izna Daily

In other news, Demitri Papadopoulos has officially started to take over duties as the heir from Leon Papadopoulos. We expected some trouble over this from the Yilmaz front but so far there is none. Cevdet Yilmaz visited his daughter at the Papadopoulos mansion yesterday but seems like it also went very peacefully. Things are a little too calm on all fronts and that is making my sixth sense tingle. Maybe this is the calm before the storm?

***********************************************************************

Hilal entered their bedroom. It was night and moonlight was coming from the windows. There were shadows everywhere in the room. Why didn't anybody turned on the light? Hilal wondered to herself. Someone is lying on the floor. But Hilal couldn't tell who from this far due to darkness. She approached the person slowly and noticed something unusual. The person whoever he is was not moving at all, not even breathing. Hilal panicked. What happened to him? As she came closer and closer to the person suddenly she realized who the person is.

Hilal stared dreadfully at the pale face of Leon. His eyes open in a blank gaze, lifeless. There was blood everywhere around him. So much blood. Hilal couldn't even make out where all this blood was coming from.

Then she looked down at her hands and both of them were covered in Leon's blood. She had killed him. She was the murderer of her own husband.

No, I couldn't have. She said to herself with fear.

No, no, no, no, no. What had she done? She wanted to scream but no sound was coming out of her mouth. Her whole body began to shake in horror.

"Hilal, wake up, wake up."

Hilal realized someone was shaking her. She jolted awake from her dream. It took a moment to dawn upon her that she was dreaming all along. Everything was a dream.

"Hilal, are you okay?" Leon was asking her in a worried voice.

Leon, he is alive. Relief flooded her body. She looked at him. He was looking at her with concern in his eyes and Hilal hugged him with all her might to ensure that he was real. Leon immediately enclosed her in his arms and consoled her in a soothing voice.

"It's alright, It was just a dream. I'm here."

It took a couple of minutes for Hilal to calm down but at the same time, she remembered the reason for the nightmare in the first place. Her fathers' visit, him showing her the hidden camera clip, Leon agreeing with his father about seducing her as a part of their plan and finally the mission she is supposed to fulfil for her family. Everything crashed back into her consciousness and she jerked herself back from Leon's embrace.

"Hilal."

"I'm sorry I woke you up. I'm alright now. Go back to sleep."

"Hilal," Leon held her face and made her look into his eyes "Something is bothering you. I can clearly see that. I can't help you if you keep avoiding me. Don't hide from me, please. Whatever it is we can figure something out together."

Hilal looked at him as if she wants to believe those words but Leon could see the doubts creeping into her eyes and felt the moment she shut herself up from him again.

"It was just a nightmare, Leon. Nothing else is bothering me."

She extracted herself from him and went back to lying down and pretending to sleep.

***********************************************************************

What type of nightmare made her scream like that in her sleep? She was shaking all over when he woke her up and clung to him like her life depended on it. What is troubling her so much?