Chapter Six

It is a truth universally acknowledged that if you have an intrusive, presumptuous, vigilant, sceptical sister that too an elder one, it becomes far more than possible to keep things away from her.
That is preferable at one point because you get to share gossips and all but sometimes even if you pray to keep your mouth shut you can't. More of a she won't let you keep your mouth shut.

"So?" Aurora asked, her right eyebrow arched.

"So?" I knew where this was going.

And let me tell you my acting skills in front of her are something I won't brag about.

"Who was he?"

"Who?" I tried to act normal.

"You know who."

"You mean Voldemort?" I looked at her humorously.

Just drop the topic Aurora.

"Really Annona? you know who I'm talking about." I could see losing her temper.

The thing is, if I told her everything, I don't know if I could survive the embarrassment and I knew she would use that later against me.

"I don't know what are you talking about." I smiled so brightly the sun might have got ashamed of himself.

"If you think I would completely let go the fact that you are screaming at a man in the middle of a city who happens to be unknown to you, you are so wrong." She smiled tightly.

"Oh he."

"Yes Annona, He."

"Umm... He...he is no one." I answered.
It was the truth. Partially.

"So now you pick random guys in a new city and start calling them names, new hobby I suppose?"

Thankfully she didn't saw me checking him out.

"Oh and let me add after passionately checking them out." She continued.

Did I just voiced my thoughts?

"I wasn't checking him out okay, I was err.... I was just...." I fumbled for words.

"You were what?" Her eyebrows touched the sky.

"I was just waiting for the opportunity, Yeah." I breathed out.

"Why?"

"To call him names of course." I scoffed.

"Why?"

"To frustrate him."

"Why?"

"He annoys me."

"Why?"

"He thinks I'm stupid."

"Why?"

"Because I couldn't find my room. Now stop with your interrogation." I snapped.

"So nothing happened?" She was asking as if she wouldn't believe.

"Well that's what it sounds like." I retorted.

"I know you are hiding something from me."

"For heaven's sake Aurora I'm telling you the truth."

"I'm not saying you're lying, I said you are hiding."

"I don't know why you think-"

"First of all, that dress doesn't belong to you since I know your wardrobe more than you do. Secondly, it's not in your nature to check out a man, up to the point you swoon, hell you don't even notice a hot guy unless you have been introduced. Third, you won't dare to yell or call a person- more specifically a man names unless you know him, so cut the shit of not knowing anything. I saved you from Mom's wrath of questions because I certainly knew you didn't wanted that. I just don't want you in any trouble okay." Her voice softened at the end.