Chapter Three

"Mom?"

"Dad??"

"Aurora???" I called their names hoping to hear them.

Hoping to hear anyone.

"Anyone?"

"No one." Muttering I answered myself.

I gulped knowing that I was all alone here.

Again.

Scratching my head I started wondering what other places they might be in.

Wait

How come I didn't remember that we have a thing called cellphone?

"Yeah." I breathed a sigh of relief.

Pulling out my cellphone I tried to call Dad and lo and behold!!!

It was dead.

Like my brain cells.

"Now what?" I groaned.

I had been there less than a day and I was already lost.

Well wasn't exactly lost, I was in my room which I was supposed to be sharing with my family and they were just not present here.

Maybe they are lost.

"Oh my God." I panicked.

But again that didn't made any sense because I was the one who was alone there and they were somewhere else where they shouldn't be as it was planned to hang out in here for a while before we headed out.

So basically who is lost here?

"Damn this is so frustrating." I said tugging my hair and letting out a groan.

I don't know what to do.

I don't know where they are.

Should I go and search them?

But what if I got lost again?

I knew nothing about this hotel.

"Okay. Okay."

Scratch that. Scratch everything. Like an adult I decided to stay in that room and wait there for them until they show up.

Maybe Dad was taking pictures. Or Mom was checking out the pool. Or Aurora was on the rooftop to look at the view.

I din't know.

Waiting here was the best decision.

Yes.

It was getting suffocating here. I went towards the huge curtains and opened it.

It had floor to ceiling window and had its own private terrace. Taking a look at the room, it was huge and didn't even look like a hotel room at all. More like a guest suite in an Italian palace. It was a perfect magazine cover. I was afraid to sit incase I wrinkled the fabric or stain it with something I didn't even knew was on my pants. The couch was cream but inlaid with fine black silk leaves embroidered delicately. I knew they took hundreds of hours to sew. The white curtain were linen, the kind of white that was untouched by hands and devoid by any dust. There were chairs around the bespoke fireplace which leapt with gas flame. The floor was a high polished wood, dark and free of either dust or clutter. Near the door there was a mantle to put keys. It was a perfect place but cold in its tranquillity. On the other side was a 36-inch TV with video and DVD, a sprawling leather sofa. I opened the door to my left and there was this enormous bathroom.

With a power shower.

and

A Jacuzzi

and