Chapter 7

Zen's POV

I somehow managed to bring her safe to the castle. The only ones who saw us were front gate guards. I brought her to my room and Obi joined us. I gently placed her on my bed.
"So...won't you call Ryu?"
"No, it's to late Obi. It's 1:17 am , do you think he's awake?"
"Well he-"
"That was a rhetorical question"
"I know, it's just fun to pretend to be dumb"
"I honestly don't understand you sometimes"
"I'll leave now"
"Sure"
Obi left and I was alone. I took a blanket and layed on a sofa.

Shirayuki's POV

I woke up. It was dark in the room. I remembered my attempt in tying to run away.

~flashback~

I quickly checked the halls. All clear. It was about 1 am. I climbed on to the tree and jumped down on the other side of the gates. I wasn't in my usual outfit, because I would be recognized easier. I was wearing my black coat, the one my mother gave me, the one I wore at her funeral. It was hard for me to move on, because I was left alone. Father left us when I was about 11. I still remember them both. Father was very tall, had dark yellow eyes and dark red hair. Mother was small, about 5'3(160cm), her hair was white as snow and her eyes were blue. She always wore black or dark blue clothes, because she thought that they suit her best. I would usually wear a skirt and a blouse or a dress. Most of my clothes were red, green, skin colored or white. Year after father left us mom died because of cancer. I was training to be a herbalist so I tried to help her, but I didn't have coco grass. Anyway back to reality, I'm here now, and I need to run. I started running the opposite way that Tanbarun is. I ran through the forest and then smelled something odd. What kind of herbs are this? I started losing my balance, but still walked on. Then someone hit me in my neck from behind and I completly lost my consciousness.

Lisbeth's POV

"Now take her quick, befo-"
"Master stop"
"No, I am trying to-. Why did you stop Obi?"
"Come here"
I showed Maddie and Shan sign to get back. If we would have done it sooner this wouldn't have happened. We ran back to the castle. Or so I thought. Shan stayed there and we didn't realise it. She was looking at the messenger of Zen she said.

~end of flashback, 2 hours later~
Zen's POV

I can't sleep for shit. Maybe fresh air will help, but it's freezing outside. I'll just wear my coat. I dressed myself and went outside. It was a cloudy night so the moon and stars weren't seen. I went back in and layed down. Then Shirayuki lifted her upper body up and started breathing heavy. I turned my back towards her and pretended to be asleep.
"Dad? It was just a dream, calm down"
It went quiet so I assume she went to sleep.

~in the morning~

I woke up and saw Shirayuki still sleeping. It was 8:07 am. I dressed up and washed my face... Then I heard movements.
"Shirayuki? You awake?"
She lifted her body and looked at me with surprised face
"Zen? What are you doing in my room so early?"
"Ummm Shirayuki, you're in my room"
"So that means-wait, you slept on the floor?!"
"No, I was on the sofa"
"Why? You could just let me sle-"
"Why did you do it?"
"I...had no other option"
"Shirayuki, why did you try to run away and not tell anyone?"

Shirayuki's POV

If you ever come near Zen then, wait let's make this more amusing and not tell you.
"I'm sorry Zen"

I left the room. Zen didn't reply, and I felt so bad for doing this. On the hall me and the tall girl, her name is Lisbeth, met again.
"Where do you think you're going?"
"I was just-"
"Leaving Zen's room I see. So, what business were you having with him huh?"
"Leave her alone"
Who could that be?
"Lisbeth stop!"
"Ugh what do you want Shan?"
"Don't hurt Shirayuki please"
I felt two strong hands grab me from behind.
"What do you-"
"It's just me"
"Thank you Obi"
"No problem miss"
Shan then dragged Lisbeth away and Obi left with me to my room.