Chapter 12

Zen's POV

"Yes, I've decided"
"Good. I hope you made a wise choice, Zen"
"I will take my leave now, Lord brother"
"One more thing, the trios stay here for 3 more weeks from the day when I leave and you need to take care of them. I know your relationship with them, but that musn't affect how you treat them. You will be the king soon after and the king must always make a wise choice. He must be neutral unless he has evidence. So you can't show any kind of hate towards them"
"Y-yeah sure" I replied with a bit annoyed face.

I've made my choice, but that is the easy part. Now I need to ask the girl if she even wants to marry me. And that sucks because I suck at telling people my feelings especially the ones that include love like real love.

~Flashback~

"So Zen who is the lucky girl?" Mitsuhide teased me
"It's...well"
"Shirayuki right"
"How did you know that Kiki??"
"Like it isn't obvious. How you relax just by seeing her and-"
"Yeah I don't need to hear more. I get it, everyone knows it except her" I sweat dropped

~end of flashback ~

Yeah, that's only one reason why I am bad. I couldn't tell Kiki and Mitsuhide and Shirayuki wasn't even there.
"Prince Zen?"
Oh fuck off I already know who it is. That pinky girl, what is it...Lisbeth I think.
"Name and business" was what I wanted to say, but I only replied with "yea, come in"
She entered with hands on her chest and walked like 'the shy girl'. I know a lot better you are not like that, Lisbeth.
"Um I just wanted to ask you if you would like to spend some time with me?"
Yeah suuuure. I have work to do. Paperwork is very- oh yeah I just remembered I did it all for today. But still, no you can't.
"Yea, sure" Why did I say that?!! I mentally slapped myself and got up.
"Yay" she smiled
"So when and where do we meet?"
"I was thinking at 6:30pm at the garden if that is okay with you"
I thought of it for a while and of course agreed to it because I have no choice and it's all my fault.

Time escalated quickly and at 6 o'clock I stopped with my training I had with Mitsuhide and Kiki to rest for those 30 minutes I still have.

I stilk needed a way to tell Shirayuki that I want to marry her. Wait, did I even tell her I will become a King. Probably not. Great.
I left my room to find Shirayuki. When I arrived I heard her speaking to someone.

"I understand Obi. Thanks for telling me"
"Are you sure he won't change his mind? He might be forced to do it, you know that"
"I know. One more thing Obi...how did you get the information?"

And then...Silence

Shirayuki's POV

"I got my ways, also, he is standing at your door right now" Obi whispered in my ear and left. I was shook. He is getting married and before that he will become the king. I wanted to check if Obi was right so I went to my door and opened it. I hit something and later found out it was Zen's head. Obi was right.
"Hi Shirayuki! I came because I needed to tell you something important"
He looked stressed and in a hurry. I decided to let him in. He took a seat and started talking.
"So my brother is getting married to Villetta in the town my parents rule at the moment. He will be gone in 1 week from now and that leaves me to rule. I'm in charge of everything; the castle, the trios, even you going to Tanbarun. And I promise you I will do everything I can to not let you go. I mean if you don't want to"
I suddenly lost all my confidence. I won't be able to call him Zen again. then again I don't even know if I want to go or not.
"Zen I-"
"You don't need to answer me right now. You can come later, I really need to go now, because I promised someone to meet them"
And hearing that my heart dropped. He promised someone to meet them. And it definitely isn't Kiki nor Mitsuhide nor Obi. I knew it was someone he didn't want me to know.
"Yeah..sure"
He left my room and I was about to cry. It felt like never before. I was always happy with him but now...it just felt like he broke the part of me that loved him so much. I put my head and arms on the edge of my bed and kneeled on the ground. I started sobbing.

Zen's POV

I ran to the garden to meet Lisbeth. I felt really terrible because I had to hide something from Shirayuki. On the way I saw Mitsuhide helping Kiki to walk. she was again in a really bad state. Villetta was helping Izana with his work, Kyle was supposed to teach Maddie and Akira something, Shan went to the library and Lisbeth is waiting for me in the garden. I finally arrived and saw Lisbeth standing at the back.
"I'm here. What now?"
She turned around and ran to me smiling
"Prince Zen, you came" she hugged me but I pushed her away after 5 seconds.
"Of course I did, I promised you and a prince must always keep his promise"
"But you will be a king soon"
I frowned at that. I really didn't want the responsibilities of a King. And I didn't want to leave Shirayuki. Well I wouldn't leave her, but I would be able to spend 15 minutes a day with her.
"I know, you don't need to remind me" I answered with annoyed voice. She giggled right after she said "sheesh no need to be so cold". I started to get ideas about why she called me.
"Lisbeth, tell me why am I really here?"
"For this, Zen" she came closer to me and kissed me on my cheek. I was surprised at first but then saw a certain red haired girl looking outside the window directly at my direction. She put the curtains back on and I felt guilty. Of not telling her who I'm meeting, of not trusting her enough. I gave Lisbeth one last glare before I ran to Shirayuki's room.

New chapter out! I hope you like it. Feel free to comment my mistakes and tell me your opinion. I really didn't want Lisbeth to be Zen's first kiss so I just made her kiss him on the cheek. Till next time😘

~author-chan