Chapter 13

Jeongguk was shaking so badly that it took a few tries to turn on the water. He waited for it to get warm and then chewed the inside of his cheek. Would Taehyung want it hot? Lukewarm? Cold? Jeongguk mulled it over, but his nerves were running out of time and so he went with his gut, settling for warm but not steaming. The dorm's bathroom didn't have the proper soap to make a bubble bath, considering Jeongguk could count on one hand how often any of them actually had the time and energy to take one, but he figured Taehyung wouldn't mind the water being clear.

Clear. Clear enough to see every inch of his legs, his hips, his -

Fuck, Jeongguk was not prepared for this. He turned the water off and dropped his head into his hands, trying remember how to breathe. What was wrong with him? It's not like he'd never seen...that...before. He'd seen at least five apart from his own just by showering with his hyungs. Why was he freaking out about seeing Taehyung's?

He forced himself to his feet and shuffled across the hall. He peeked into the bedroom and cleared his throat, "Ready?"

Taehyung made a small noncommittal noise, pushing himself up. He winced and bent forward, and Jeongguk brought his hands up under the boy's elbows to steady him. After spending the entire day putting on an Oscar-worthy performance, Taehyung's body was punishing him with hell. The fresh blood plastered to his back glinted in the dim light. Taehyung clenched his jaw and looked up at Jeongguk, nodding stiffly. The maknae dropped his hands and stepped back, watching the older boy pull himself upright.

Jeongguk led him across the hall and shut the bathroom door behind them. Taehyung's breath was coming in shallow gasps, but Jeongguk didn't know if it was because he was in pain or because he was as nervous as him. Swallowing, Jeongguk asked, "Do - that is, uh - can I - do you, I mean, your - clothes."

Taehyung let out a shaky laugh, rubbing a hand down his face. "I got it, thanks."

Jeongguk nodded and sat on the lid of the toilet, looking anywhere but Taehyung as he unbuttoned his jeans. He shimmied them off his hips, but lost his balance and had to grip Jeongguk's shoulder in order to get them unhooked from his ankles. He hesitated once his boxers were all that was left, and Jeongguk could feel those dark eyes boring holes in his head. He didn't look up though, afraid of what his face would show if he did. Taehyung tightened his grip on the maknae's shoulder and eased off his boxers with his free hand. Jeongguk's breath caught in his throat - he hadn't looked, but perverted curiosity was burning through his veins.

Taehyung gingerly stepped into the tub. The water sloshed against his calves as he lowered himself down. He pulled his knees to his chest and released a deep sigh, glancing at Jeongguk. The maknae swallowed and eased himself to his knees by the tub, facing Taehyung's back. The water was already tinged red as Jeongguk rested a hand on Taehyung's shoulder. He was trembling, and for some reason it made Jeongguk a little braver that his hyung was just as scared as he was. Taehyung whispered in a voice hardly louder than a breath, "You don't have to do this."

Jeongguk leaned forward and pressed a kiss into the back of Taehyung's neck, inhaling the scent of his hair. Taehyung shuddered and Jeongguk said, "I want to take care of you. Is the temperature okay?"

Taehyung nodded slowly and Jeongguk pulled back, taking a washcloth and dipping it in the water. He then held it over Taehyung's shoulder and wrung it out, watching the water mix with the blood and wash it into the bath. Taehyung's breath hitched as Jeongguk dunked the cloth again and repeated his actions on the other side, nothing but the sound of dripping water and their collective breathing echoing in the bathroom. Once the excess blood was washed from his skin, Jeongguk dropped his hands into the dark red water. Here came the hard part. "I have to touch them now."