Chapter 28

{A/N: Before we begin, I just wanted you all to know this story might end up having a sequel. There's just too much left to write, and there are going to be too many new plots and characters, for it to all fit in one. If you have any questions about that at all, please feel free to comment them!}

Jeongguk walked Taehyung to the living room and sat him down on the couch. The boy bent forward over his knees, staring at the floor. Their walk home had been uneventful, thankfully, and Jeongguk had held Taehyung's hand the entire time. Something deep in his bones worried that the boy would float away if he didn't tether him to Earth.

"Tae?" Jeongguk asked gently.

The boy looked up at him. "I'm fine, jagi."

"Let's stop lying now," Jeongguk chided, offering a smile.

Taehyung sighed and dropped his head. "I want to protect you and I can't."

Jeongguk raised his eyebrows, "Am I really the one in need of protection?"

"I -" Taehyung pursed his lips, "I think so."

"You think wrong," Jeongguk squatted in front of his boyfriend, brushing hair out of his eyes. He needed a haircut. "This is a democracy, hyung, we work together."

"I know that, jagi. I just -"

Jeongguk sighed dramatically, cutting him off. Taehyung frowned, but the maknae said, "Stop talking for two minutes."

The elder raised a cocky eyebrow, "Only two?"

The maknae shook his head in disbelief, a moment of silence passing. And then he realized something.

The dorm was quiet.

No one else was home.

He smiled slyly at his boyfriend and Taehyung cocked his head quizzically. "What?"

"What kind of mood are you in?"

"A bad one."

Jeongguk put a finger to his lips, excitement flashing in his eyes. "I think I know something that'll cheer you up. Listen, hear that?"

Taehyung pursed his lips, "No, I don't. What do you hear that could possibly be so important that -"

"Shh," Jeongguk hissed. "Exactly, hyung, you don't hear anything. No one else is here."

Taehyung looked at him exasperatedly, but then realization dawned on him. "Are you suggesting..."

Jeongguk squirmed, "You're in a bad mood, and I completely understand that, I kind of am too, so if you don't want to, that's fine, but -"

"That would put me in a great mood, Kookie," Taehyung interrupted, sitting upright. His eyes flashed with a hunger that sent all of Jeongguk's blood straight to his lower region.

Jeongguk grinned at him and repeated the phrase Taehyung had used during their first time. "Top or bottom?"

"What?" The elder asked, confused.

"I want to take care of you," Jeongguk explained, praying that his shyness wouldn't take over. He could already feel embarrassment painting his cheeks red. "So, uh, top or bottom?"

"It doesn't matter what I want," Taehyung responded automatically, immediately wincing at his words. A default response.

Jeongguk puffed out an irritated breath, rolling his eyes, "Yes, it does. Democracy, remember? So answer the question."

Taehyung hesitated, looking down. Jeongguk worried that he wasn't going to respond, that he was going to shut down and hide deep inside himself, but then he mumbled, "Bottom."