{10} Zach Salvatore Shall Be No More

{The thing I make gifs with isn't working right now so I will put them together later}

***

I continued to wash with Bonnie and Matt, looking over at Stefan and Elena, who were talking and held both each other's hands in their own sweetly. I smirked a little and when Stefan noticed, I winked in the few seconds he'd look, before he looked back at Elena, his smile admittedly growing larger. I tuned in- like the nosey sister I was -and heard that she was trying to learn more about Stefan. Yeah right. It was obviously a lie, I could tell by the smile on that face of hers.

   "Char, you good?" Matt asked, causing me to turn and smile. I nodded at him and smiled, saying I was alright. He gave me an odd look but continued on washing, me grabbing a rag to help him. We soaped up the car and washed it the best we could, making sure to get any spots on the car off. "You're really gorgeous, you know," Matt flirted a little, causing me to blush and smirk. I saw Stefan give him a small glare, almost making me burst out laughing. Oh, so he had been listening?

***

   Matt and I are quite the cleaning duo. We had cleaned seven cars and got tips of over $15 each time. Even some comments about how we could actually make a living doing this if we kept it up. We had high fived and shared laughs many times during it, and I even caught him staring at me in my bikini when I had to take my shirt off because it started to get even more soaked and covered in suds. I could tell he liked me, but I didn't feel the same for him. I saw him as more of a best friend, and nothing else.

Tiki walked over to Bonnie and said two simple but dreadful words: sweeper duty. Bonnie seemed to be confused, explaining that by definition, the pavement was clean. She's right, she really is. But then of course Tiki had to fire back with that it wasn't dry. Bonnie questioned why she had to do it, and Tiki explained that Caroline bailed and she was in charge, causing Bonnie to mutter a "fabulous."

Bonnie took the red-bristled large broom her and moved off the black car she had been leaning on, but while she was staring at the floor she had started a fire, which burned Tiki's car. There, that proves that my idea was correct, Bonnie Bennett is a witch, and descends from the long line of Bennett witches as I had suspected. She stared off at the car, not the slightest bit worried or nervous. That's the exact reason I knew how she did it, because a fire couldn't have started another way. The flames seemed to grow as she kept staring, but just as I had made it to her, Stefan had beat me to it, shaking her and calling her name, "Bonnie! Bonnie! Bonnie! Hey."

"What just happened?" Bonnie questioned, now facing Stefan. She seemed genuinely confused and generally seeming fine. I looked at Stefan as he glanced back at me, sighing. He knew she was a witch, too. We had both figured that out relatively quickly.

"You were in some kind of a trance," Stefan explained, finally removing his hands from her arms. He seemed like he was actually trying to help her, which is what I liked about him. He's such a good person, and though I hate to admit it, I'm so glad that I have him in my life. Stefan is an amazing brother, better than Jason ever was and ever could be.

"Did I do this?" Bonnie asked in disbelief, as she turned to the car and then looked back at us. She looked worried, so I pulled her in for a hug. I held her to me as she embraced me willingly. Good, because if she didn't I would've hugged her against her will. I sighed as Stefan looked at the damage, saying that he thought that she did it, answering her question with a yes, basically.

***

   "Hey, have you seen Elena?" I heard Stefan ask Matt once he had approached him. Matt and I had cleaned an addition three cars since the Bonnie thing and we were cleaning a cop car at the moment. He stood and said that he hadn't seen her for a while, and Stefan asked, "You think she went home?" He was only met with the response of that Matt was "not sure." Stefan thanked him anyway, and I found that really honorable about him. He's always so respectful and honorable. He turned to walk away, but Matt caught his attention and made him turn around.

   "Hey. I'm not saying this for you. I'm saying it for her," Matt started, which had earned Stefan's attention, "But she's big on trust. So whatever you're holding back from her, the more you try to hide it, the more she won't stop till she figures it out." He had a small smile on his face, and I see why he's so likable. I feel bad for not liking him back, because I can see why people would, but I just... don't. Maybe girls like me don't get the knights in shining armor. The good guys. Girls like me don't get their happily ever afters, especially when that girl has a big brother- or sort of like a big brother -who won't let her date a guy unless he knows that the guy will treat her right.

   ***
    I had driven to the Grill to eat some dinner, which consisted of a cheeseburger and fries, extra mayo on the burger and extra salt on my fries. Just the way I liked it. I had been sipping on a glass of coke when Stefan texted me three terribly sad and dreadful words. 'Zach is dead.' I wasn't prepared for that, because I knew Stefan was close with him and tried hard to save his daughter all those years ago. I had helped him, but it wasn't easy... Poor Gail, I still miss Gail. Zach never deserved for her to die, but at least we saved his daughter, right? I felt horrible for not spending enough time with Zach. As they say, you don't realize how much something means to you until you lose it. 
***
A/N: Hi! It's Kat! Sorry it's so short, guys! I think Snow fell asleep because she was super tired, so I didn't get to do any notes and went off what I could. There actually wasn't that many scenes with the car wash in it for this half!