ohmygoodnessohmygoodnessohmyGOD

A/N Time changes are becoming really important so I will try to remember to bold them as much as possible so they’re easier to notice.

Also, I flipped a coin 15 times to determine the sex of Kirstie’s baby. You’ll see what won in this chapter :)

Also Part 2: Remember to comment/post/send me some questions to answer for a Q&A video this summer. No one has yet and I’m getting a complex :/

Enjoy this long(er than usual) chapter!

After another month, Kirstie finally has the doctor appointment to see if she’s having a boy or a girl. Meanwhile, Scott and I are pretty much at the same place as we were. Like, we kiss sometimes, and we hang out a lot, so we’re a thing I guess. He knows I’m waiting for him, but I don’t know how much longer I can hold on. It’s already April. Christian has been dead for almost six months. We can at least up the kissing a little bit.

But I know, I know, after my mom died I still felt like crap after six months.

So anyway, Kirstie and Adam are heading to the doctor’s office today to find out the sex of the baby. Kirstie insists she doesn’t care either way, but Adam said he actually kind of wants a little girl. I thought that was odd, as all the guys I’ve known have wanted a boy. He said of course he wants a boy, but he has a feeling it’s a girl, so he tried to get excited about that, and now he really is. I think that’s cute.

The name will be Eliana if it’s a girl and Finley if it’s a boy. I talked to Scott about it and he liked Finley, but I liked Jace, so we told her that, but both of us like Eliana best. She and Adam agreed on the top names, and the only way that’s changing is if the baby “pops out and looks like something else”.

She promised to text me as soon as she finds out. I can’t wait. I kind of think it’s a boy, but I hope it’s a girl. I get along with Lindsey so well, I think I could do the same with another little girl.

While Kirst is doing all that, I’m hanging out with Scott. Lindsey is at her friend’s house (a sleepover in fact), so it’s just me and him, and of course I love Lindsey, but it’s nice to just have some time to ourselves.

God, I sound like I'm in a stupid married relationship or something. Or a parent. Ew.

I’m laying on his couch on my back, playing on my phone, with my feet resting on his lap.

“Hey, Mitch,” he says, grabbing my attention. “Someone asked me if I can take their shift tomorrow, and I would like to take it, so is there anyway you could pick up Linds and possibly hang out with her for a little while?”

“Yeah totally, but I’m hanging out with Kirstie tomorrow, so if you’re okay with us being at her house, I can do it.”

“Sure, but can you just text me the address so I know where you are if there’s an emergency?”

Good dad.

“Yeah, sure. I’ll do it right now.” So I do.

“Thanks. How long are you staying there?”

“Oh I don’t know, I can bring Lindsey back whenever you want.”

“Actually,” Scott says with more confidence than I expected, “I thought it might be fun for me to meet Kirstie… since she’s so important to you.”

I feel like there has been a hurricane in the room with 100 mile per hour winds. That’s how blown away I am. “U-uh, yeah, that sounds fun. I’ll text Kirstie. Later. When she’s, you know, not finding out the sex of her baby.”