un

stressed. that's all i felt these days. i needed rest and i needed it soon. don't get me wrong, i love my job but sometimes it can get a bit overwhelming. i had also just moved, not to mention from dallas to los angeles which took god knows how long.

being the head of events for the forum has not been an easy job let me just put it that way. always running this way and that way, making sure everyone knew what they were supposed to be doing and that things were in their rightful place, but by this time i've gotten a nice leg and butt workout in so i'm not complaining since i don't have very much time to go to the gym. one of the things i like about this job is that it's serious but it's most definitely not a desk job. plus, one of the perks of being high on the totem pole is that i get to attend the concerts i organize.

i must say that even though i love where i'm at right now, it's not exactly where i want to be. i sang ever since i was little, i sang all throughout high school in plays and performances, and i sing now but not as much as i want to. when i was about fourteen i told myself that i would sell out madison square garden. that hasn't happened yet and i'm still kind of holding on to that bucket list item for little fourteen year old me. working at the forum has been a dream but it's not my dream.

with all that being said, i just need a little break. let me rephrase. i need a big break.

i told the oversight above me that i would be taking my vacation time. they said that was fine until i told them i would be taking it all at once. two months all to myself and now i just had to figure out where i wanted to go. i know i want sun that's for sure. i've never been the kind of person to go to someplace cold and snowy for a holiday, so i was leaning towards somewhere tropical. maybe get a tan, that would be nice for a change.

i decided on jamaica because it was secluded and it wasn't all that expensive. but let's be honest, with my salary i could probably go to hawaii or something but that wasn't my thing. i mean, i'd love to go there one day but i didn't want to feel pressured into going exploring. i just wanted to relax on the beach, drinking a mohito.

i sat at home on my couch with my laptop whilst friends play in the background when there's a knock on the door and i giddily push my computer off my lap next to me and skip to the door. i open it to find the most attractive thing i've ever seen. a medium box of pizza topped with pepperoni, black olives along side a 2 litre bottle of dr. pepper. well, the pizza guy was kinda cute too but let's be real, the pizza was cuter and that's who i was trying to shoot my shot with.

i paid for my pizza with a big grin on my face, which i think cute pizza delivery boy thought he was the reason for because he sent me a not so subtle wink right as i shut the door in his face. poor kid probably thought he was gonna get more than a $10 tip tonight.

i put my pizza in the living room on the coffee table where i was previously sitting and went in the kitchen to grab a glass for my dr. pepper and some ranch for my pizza. i know, i'm gross. get over it. i sit back down and cozy up and enjoy my wonderful, healthy dinner while i work on arranging my trip.

i purchased my flights so that i'd be leaving in about five months. i like to plan ahead so i don't feel so rushed. i'm usually very spontaneous but when it comes to flights and such i plan very far in advance just in case. i don't need any extra pressure in my life right at the moment. after my flights were booked, i found a nice, small beach house that was parked right next to a forrest. i rented it for two whole months and i started to get excited because it was really sinking in that i was gonna be away for that long without having to worry about any responsibilities other than keeping myself alive. this will be fun.

i didn't want to be alone the whole trip so i'm inviting my best friend lacie to come stay for a month. i hadn't asked her yet but i knew she would say yes. i didn't know which end she'd come on but that will soon be decided. ever since i moved i haven't seen her and it's breaking my heart. facetime calls are hardly enough and i just want to see her in person and standing in front of me so i can hug her and we can lay all our problems on eachother. i had cried for about a month straight when i moved because i missed my family and friends so much. i still do, but i don't cry as much anymore.

during mid bite into my third piece of pizza i get a facetime call come in and i wipe my hands off before i grab my phone and answer it, not even looking at the ID. i'm soon connected and all i see is a petite face framed by shoulder length, golden hair.

"HELLO!!" she yells, her face practically squished to the camera.

"HIIIII!!" i do the same and pretty soon we're both busted up laughing because of our odd answering methods.

"how is my my best friend? do i need to make a trip? are you okay? i got your text. what do you mean you're leaving? you just got there! for how long? why are you just now telling me? where are-"

"ok lacie you need to calm down!" i paused and took a look at her and i made a face. "and you need to breath you're looking like a tomato." due to her speed of talking her face had become rather pink and i'd never seen her so concerned.

"sorry i was worried!" she chuckled when she realised the issue at hand wasn't all that serious.

"well let me answer your question, shall we?" she nodded and then i proceeded. "first of all, i'm going to jamaica for 2 months to kind of getaway and take a nice, relaxing holiday! aaaannnnnddd i want you to come stay with me for a month of it! or a couple weeks if that's what you can do."

"anna that's amazing!! i'm so happy that you finally get a break. you work harder than anyone there and you deserve this. oh, and also... FRICK YEAH IM IN!! let's go my dude! just give me the details and i'm there." she yelled and i could tell how excited she was for me and that i asked her to tag along. honestly, i couldn't imagine inviting any other person. she's my best friend and has stuck by my side ever since we've met. we've been through a lot but we were always there for eachother to help the other get through it. i can't imahine doing life without her.

we stayed on the phone for a long time discussing details for the trip and all the little things we'll do while we're there. she decided to come the week after i got there for only three weeks because that was the most she could get off at once and she still needed some vacation days for her family. these five months will fly by fairly quickly and i'm anxiously waiting for the day i say goodby to LA for a couple months.

................................................

thank you guys so much for reading!! ik it was short but it's just an intro chapter and hopefully they'll get longer. i'll try to update as much i can;)

xx C