sept

pink skies by LANY

...........................

harry's p.o.v.

anna honestly takes my breath away. i only saw her for a few minutes and i'm already breathing heavily. i really like her. like, a lot. i would like to ask her out but i want to wait until lacie leaves so i don't deprive them of eachother's time together. but let me tell you, it's gonna be hard to wait this long,  but i have to be patient.

after our encounter i went back inside to shower since we had played some football today and i was sweaty. when i got out, i wrapped a towel around my waist, i shuffled down the stairs into the kitchen where everyone was. some were talking and mitch was in the corner eating a sandwich he had made for himself. i picked up my guitar sitting on the table and propped it up on myself and started to play something i thought of in the shower. so many things were going on in my head about anna that i had to set it aside because i didn't want to take too long of a shower.

"i say we put on a film." adam speaks up. "but, not a rom-com. sorry harold." he adds with a wink.

"it's ok man, it's not the only genre of movies i watch." i chuckled.

"maybe like an art film or something." mitch says with a mouth full of bread, meat, lettuce, tomato, and any other ingredients that are in his sandwich.

"noooo, that's boring! maybe something action." jeff says looking up from his laptop.

"what would you have in mind then." adam crosses his arms.

"i don't know, just not anything these two monkeys pick out." jeff point to me and mitch.

"heeeyyy!" we both say in unison.

"that was rude." i point at jeff matter-of-factly.

"why don't we just watch italian job? that's always a good one." adam suggests and we all nod.

"i'm gonna get dressed and then i'll be down." i said as i put down the guitar. i got into my room and dropped my towel and put on some shorts. as i grab a t shirt out of my drawer i heard singing and i stopped to listen. i heard it coming from outside and i stepped towards the door and opened it. i walked out onto the balcony so i can hear more clearly.

it's anna. i could recognise her voice anywhere even if this was the first time i was hearing her sing. it is for sure, without a doubt, anna. my anna. my heart melts as i recognise the song she's singing. once upon a dream from sleeping beauty. it was my sister's favorite movie as a kid and so i'd be forced to watch it with her all the time and that song quickly became one of my favorites.

it takes everything within me to not sing along with her because it would make the mood hella romantic. i mean, come on. it's dark, the moon is out in full, and the most beautiful woman i have ever seen is singing.

i'm instantly cut from my thoughts as i hear "anna! hurry up i want to start this movie before my hair turns grey!" i laugh to myself and turn to back inside. i pull the t shirt i picked out over my head and walked back down to my friends in the living room.

"what took you so long buddy?" jeff questioned. i hadn't told them about anna yet.

"i had to poop." i lied and i absolutely hate doing that to my friends.

...

as the morning dawns, my eyes flit open and i stretch, excited for the day to begin. i look over to my clock to see that it read 11:17a. i rip the sheets off me and step outside on the balcony to breath in the fresh air. i could really get used to waking up like this, even though having anna next to me would be even better i have to settle for this. just for now hopefully.