Chapter Eighteen

Makoto, Nagisa and Rei stood in front of the towering Samezuka academy. It was around 6:45pm and the sun was beginning to set. The entrance where Rei came in the other time he confronted Rin was closed and they were directed to the main entrance where the red-bricked school building stood in all its glory.

Nervously, the three of them took a few steps forward and into the academy. "How on earth are we supposed to find Rin-san here?" Rei said as his eyes took in the academy. They all had only seen the building that held the school's swimming pools. They had not seen the school building or the Samezuka dorms.

"Well we're just gonna ask around Rei-chan! YoooHoooo! Anyone here?" Nagisa called out.

"Nagisa keep your voice down," Makoto hissed as his eyes darted back and forth. "You never know who might appear."

"You mean like," Nagisa paused, smirking at Makoto. "GH-OSTS?" he exaggerated the syllables.

Makoto felt a shiver go down his spine as Nagisa said that specific word. "D-Don't be ridiculous Nagisa. T-There are no ghosts here. We came here looking for Rin," Makoto said slowly as he regained his composure. "Where do we start exactly?"

"Well what are you Iwatobi people doing here?" A familiar voice slowly became cleareras it echoed from behind them.

"Ahhh isn't that Seijirou-san?" Rei said in relief.

"We came here to see Rin-san," Nagisa replied to the Samezuka captain's question in his usual upbeat voice.

"You're looking for Rin? He's not here; he went out about an hour ago. He's been skipping practice recently," Mikoshiba said with absolute certainty.

"Huh? B-But Rin-chan doesn't usually skip practice," Nagisa said confusedly as he and Makoto looked at each other.

"Um Seijirou-san can you give us a call when you see Rin? We need to talk to him. Urgently," Rei smiled at Mikoshiba, trying to shake off what he had said about Rin.

And with that, the three Iwatobi high schoolers left Samezuka Academy feeling dejected: they hadn't talked to Rin and they found out what he had been doing.

Doctor Shiori slid out a clipboard from its holder on the wall, took out a ball-point pen and started scribbling something on it. Haru tried to sneak a peek at what she was scribbling down. "Be patient Nanase-san," she looked up and smiled at him before looking down at the clipboard again, "We're just going to change your room since we will be releasing you and another patient needs your room since he just came from 't worry, it will be the same type of room. A private one as your parents requested."

"Mmm-hmmm," Haru nodded. "How will my friends find me?"

Doctor Shiori let out a small laugh, "Like I said, don't worry Nanase-san. I will text them later so please try to relax. Your room is not very far from the floor's reception counter. Oh by the way, Doctor Fusaki would like to see you after you have changed your room."

"Okay," Haru replied to his doctor. "Thanks," he mumbled out.

Doctor Shiori smiled at him again, this time, a warm and kind smile, not one of those fake smiles doctors usually give. "You're welcome."

Rin jogged back to the train station and quickly got onto the train. With his mind cleared up, he had only one destination, one purpose, one person on his mind.

The train ride seemed far longer to Rin than usual. He was fidgety and anxious even though his mind was cleared up a huge burden was about to be lifted off his shoulders. The feeling got worse as the train conductor announced that the train ride and all trains were suspended for 10 minutes for a quick emergency check-up and for any other quick, necessary maintenance.