Epilgoue

Haru was anxious to get to back to swimming. He knew that months of physiotherapy and hard work all added up to this very moment. He stood in front of the Iwatobi High pool. Its clear blue surface glistening, the air around Haru, smelled faintly of chlorine, beckoning him to jump right in but he knew better than that. He was impatient: Yes but he was waiting for a special someone to join him and savour the moment with him.

Haru's lips curled up at the thought of Rin. His brownish red hair, his intense red eyes, his genuine smile when he was truly happy. A light pink blush crept up his checks and into his ears as Haru let his mind frolic with thoughts of Rin.

The last few months had been intense for Haru. It was never easy for Haru's mind to wonder so freely without letting it step back into the past. It plagued him with nightmares when he got home. Haru would wake up every night screaming, cold sweat running down his forehead, plastering his hair to his face and his shirt to his back. It made sleep for Haru hard and the constant fear of closing his eyes and seeing their faces again.

When Rin heard of it from Makoto who often dropped by and made sure Haru was eating and doing well. Rin made the arrangements for himself to stay at Haru's place until Haru could sleep calmly once again.

Rin would frequently return late in the night, exhausted from school and club activities. Haru knew the burden he was putting on Rin for doing this and insisted that Rin went back to his dorm. "I'm never letting you be on your own again," was all that Rin said every time Haru tried to reason with Rin and it was no use, Rin was as stubborn as a mule when he wants to be.

Haru would often wait for Rin to return him. He would bring out the futons and lay them out in his room and lie in the darkness, waiting for Rin to return.

When Rin returned, he would kissed Haru on the forehead or the cheek instead of giving Haru a verbal greeting and proceed to take a shower before coming to lie down next to Haru and taking Haru into his arms. Rin's fingers would brush Haru's hair away from his face, sending tingles of warmth into Haru, making him shiver. The scent of Haru's own shampoo and soap would seep off Rin in small waves as Rin adjusts himself comfortable next to Haru and Rin's soft whispers of endearing words, often calmed Haru down and sent him off to sleep.

Haru knew that when he woke up Rin was always sprawl in front of him, showing off bits of smooth, lightly sun-kissed skin here and there causing Haru to think of some arousing thoughts.

The sexual tension often built up between them. Haru knew Rin was holding himself back from sex, thinking of his wellbeing and not pushing. Even with his first time with Rin being a success, Haru could help but let a few of his memories of the rape escaped when he and Rin engaged in a passionate make-out session causing the mood to drop immediately between the both of them when Rin sensed the rising panic from Haru.

It was hard for Haru but even he knew that he couldn't condition his mind to stop the horrid thoughts so suddenly. It wasn't as hard compare to learning how to walk without the aid of clutches and without someone hovering close to him, ready to catch him when he fell.

Learning how to walk for mechanical and easy for Haru. The simply acts of putting one foot in front of the other and falling down and getting back up took up full storage of Haru's mind when he was in physiotherapy. Dr. Shiori had told Haru repeated actions are often the mind's way of coping with traumas. The mind needs a sense of normalcy and patterns of pull itself back to reality.

Nevertheless, Haru got better over the time with scheduled therapy with Dr. Shiori on every weekend, encouragement from Makoto, Nagisa, Rei and most of all from Rin was what made Haru push through. He wanted himself to heal and get to the state of mind he was in before he was raped. He wanted it to be a testament to everyone that despite all the trials and tribulations he went through, he wasn't broken, he wasn't in a state where he couldn't heal but he was strong enough to bounce back, stronger than ever before.