009

Later that day when Seyong arrived back at the apartment Gunwoo was already awake. As soon as Seyong slid through the door Gunwoo was standing in front of him with his arms crossed.

"And where have you been all morning, mister? Dressed like that!" Gunwoo tried to pretend to be a scolding mother, but quickly gave up and threw himself at Seyong, almost hugging the poor boy to death. 

"I had an interview for a job, Gunnie." Seyong half heartily hugged the other boy back, but mostly just struggled to breathe around Gunwoo's flailing arms. 

"Oooh, we're all becoming working girls, yass. When do you start, sweetheart?"

"I never said I got it." 

"Did you?"

"I have my first job tonight," Seyong sighed out, while stepping around Gunwoo and into the kitchen. 

"I have to work later, too. Work buddies!!" Gunwoo screamed and followed him into the kitchen. Seyong started making two sandwiches, one for him and one for Gunwoo because he knew Gunwoo would ask for his. Gunwoo sat down on a stool across from him while he worked. 

"That's why I woke up so early, so we could hang out before I had to leave."

"Gunwoo, it's 1:30 in the afternoon. How is that early?" Seyong asked as he finished making the sandwiches. 

"Oooh can I have one, too?" Gunwoo asked before Seyong could even hand it to him. Gunwoo squealed as he snatched the sandwich away and immediately started eating it. 

"Maybe we should go down to the shop and see if Chaejin's mom needs any help." Gunwoo mumbled around mouthfuls of sandwich. Seyong, choosing to be less disgusting and not talking with his mouth full, just nodded in agreement. They ate the rest of the food in silence, then Gunwoo got dressed and they headed out together, making their way to the shop. 

**************

All five boys ended up hanging out at the shop together, only very occasionally actually working, usually only when a customer came in and they played rock, paper, scissors to see who had to check them out. At around 4:30 Gunwoo said he had to leave to go to work, and the boys continued to mess around. Except for Seyong, who realized upon Gunwoo's departure that tonight he really had to go to the restaurant again.  He had to see Mr. Kim again, and he had to "keep some workers in line". Now he was so scared. This was probably bad news. 

He quietly sat in the corner while the other boys goofed off thinking about how much he was dreading tonight. Eventually, his time had come to leave for work. He said his goodbyes and got on the sidewalk leading to 2nd street.

***************

Seyong arrived at the restaurant and entered through the door. He walked towards the back room where he had been led before. He assumed sketchy business was not to be done in the main part of the restaurant where all the customers were. As he passed by, the man at the host stand nodded curtly at him.

"The boss will meet you in there shortly."

Seyong tried his best to look business-like and not scared as he nodded back at the boy. He was alone when he entered the room, and he didn't want to look awkward so he sat down at the break room table as if he were comfortable. He stiffly sat staring at the clock on the wall, waiting. 

After two minutes and thirty-five seconds passed, the door swung open suddenly, nearly scaring Seyong to death. Seyong jumped to stand, and immediately bowed at the boss as he walked into the room.

"Hello Seyong," the man bellowed, startling Seyong again, "Alright you have a very easy job for tonight." He walked to where Seyong was standing and clapped him on the back. He looked into his eyes, then dropped his smile, and with it Seyong's stomach dropped. "All you have to do is watch over the other boys tonight. They'll be working valet out front, and I need you to be a little rough with them; you know, keep them in line."

"Yes, sir. I will." Seyong said bowing a little as he slid away trying to make his escape from the room. The boss let him go, but continued to speak. 

"You better, Seyong. You need to make them believe you are their boss tonight, and if you do a good job I'll make sure you get paid very well," the man paused, and studied Seyong. "You may go, they'll be waiting for you out front. 

"Yes sir" Seyong bowed one last time and left the room finally. He took his time walking through the main part of the restaurant, squaring his shoulders and trying to look in charge. He could pretend to be the boss for the night, he told himself, he just had to act intimidating.  

When he exited the restaurant he saw a couple young boys, probably about his age, lined up, dressed very nicely, and waiting for him. As soon as they saw him, their expressions changed, some were disbelieving and others glared. 

"You're our boss?" one boy scoffed, "You're like 15." 

Okay, it may be easier to be rude than I thought.  

"That's right, I'm the boss, so I suggest you don't talk back tonight. It'll make this easier on everyone." Seyong walked up to the boy who fallen out of attention in line. "Stand up straight!" he kicked the insides of the boys legs to make him stand up straight. The boy looked shocked, but he straightened up. One of the other boys in line snickered, making Seyong turn to him. 

"What are you laughing at?" Seyong barked at the boy, poking him in the chest. The boy looked terrified as he quietly mumbled out a response. 

Before Seyong could continue prodding the ;30 other boy, something hit him in the back of the head, making him stumble forward. 

"What the Heck, man? What do you think you're doing?" Oh no, he knew that voice. 

 Gunwoo grabbed Seyong by the back of the neck, and dragged him away from the group of boys. He stumble trying to keep up wile bent over as Gunwoo led him to the alley way beside the restaurant. Gunwoo threw Seyong (gently, because he loves him) against a wooden door. 

"Yonggie,  what are you doing here?" 

Seyong pushed Gunwoo back and readjusted his jacket before glaring coldly at him. 

"Whatever" Seyong grumbled, turning around and walking back to the street. The boy from the host stand was waiting for Seyong outside the door when he arrived. 

"The boss said to give this to you," he handed him two envelopes with his name written on the front. Then he quickly turned and went back inside the restaurant.

Seyong opened the first envelope and nearly choked on his own spit.   It was filled with money, definitely enough to make rent next month, including Gunwoo's half. Seyong tucked that envelope into the pocket inside his jacket. He opened the second envelope and there was a note inside. 

Seyong:

Arrive at the Millennium Lounge promptly at 9:30 p.m. tonight. Dress well and be prepared for a important job. 

-k.i.k

Seyong rushed home so he could rest before his second task for today. And hopefully meet up with Gunwoo; both had some explaining to do and he really need to talk to him about what he saw today.