005

Gunwoo woke up the next morning with a splitting headache.

I shouldn't have tried to out drink JunQ last night Gunwoo thought to himself as he rolled to his back. He turned his head to see his phone laying on the bedside table, beside someone had left him a bottle of aspirin and a glass of water. He dry swallowed two pills and hurriedly drank all the water in one chug. He then checked his phone, and was shocked to see it was already late in the afternoon. He also had a text from Insoo asking him to respond when he was awake.

Sup Soo? - GW
Insoo responded back almost  immediately.
Hey Gunnie, can you meet up with me at the park - IS
Yea, I'll be there in 15 - GW

Gunwoo didn't even bother to change out of yesterday's clothes he had apparently fell asleep in last night. He walked through the living room, passing Seyong still passed out half hanging off the couch, and he shoved on his boots as he left through the door. He successfully made it to the stairs without having to talk to Mrs. Kim who was watering her hydrangeas, and he leisurely made his way down six flights of stairs. 

As Gunwoo reached the entrance of the park, he quickly spotted Insoo sitting on a bench with his nephew, Jisoo. The little boy was eating an ice cream while Insoo poked and teased at him. 

"Hey Jisoo, where"d you get that ice cream from, buddy?" Gunwoo asked as he sat down next to them. 

"Uncle Insoo bought it from the ice cream truck for me," the boy bragged and he licked the ice cream cone. 

"Oh fancy, can I steal a lick?" Gunwoo jokingly asked, sticking his tongue out towards the cone.

"Ew. No, you probably have cooties Uncle Gunwoo." Jisoo cringed away from Gunwoo's protruding tongue, making the older boys laugh. 

The laughter quickly died down however when Gunwoo noticed the serious look Insoo shot him. He knew it meant he was about to get in trouble, it terrified him and reminded him of his mother. Insoo started talking before Gunwoo could try to deflect the conversation with a joke<

"So, do I have to ask or are you gonna go ahead and tell me what you've managed to get yourself into?" 

"What? I don't know what your're talking about. I haven't done anything," Gunwoo tried to use his puppy dog face that always works on Seyong, but Insoo just rolled his eyes and continued to glare at him. 

"You know what I'm talking about. Who were those guys last night? And how are you making so much money when you've only worked at this new job maybe two hours in entirety?"

Gunwoo felt his palms start to sweat. He didn't want to lie to his best fried, who was only worried about him, but he's pretty sure his new bosses weren't looking for him to advertise their business all around town and he didn't want his friends to get hurt because of him. He opened his mouth to try to dodge Insoo's questions, but Insoo beat him to it,

"Please don't try to lie to me about it, I'm not stupid, I know something is going on. I just don't want you getting yourself into any trouble, but it seems like you've gotten yourself mixed into some bad company." Insoo's gaze softened as he tried to explain to Gunwoo that he wasn't mad. It instantly made Gunwoo feel better, but he still couldn't come completely clean right now. 

"Insoo, I'm ok now. I'm not doing anything crazy, just some odd jobs for a guy here and there. And I don't plan on getting involved in anything serious anytime soon," Gunwoo forced a laugh trying to lighten the mood, making Insoo sigh. Insoo closed his eyes and leaned back against the bench, giving him a moment to collect himself and calm down. 

Before Insoo could say anything else, a car with dark, tinted windows pulled up behind them, making both of the boys turn.

"Aw man, Look I'm sorry Insoo but I've got to go right now. We'll talk more later, ok?" Gunwoo said as he got up and started jogging towards the car, not meaning the talk later thing at all though, he was hoping Insoo would just drop it but after ditching him to get in some creepy car Insoo will probably be even more onto Gunwoo now. He'll have to deal with that later though.

As he approached the car, the back window rolled down. 

"Get in, the boss wants to see you," The man in the back seat said before rolling his window back up, not even listening to Gunwoo shout "Yes, sir" Before scrambling to open the door and get in the vehicle. As soon as his door was shut the car took off, leaving Gunwoo in an akward silence for the entirety of the ride.

*****

Gunwoo is pretty sure he's gonna pee his pants. 

After the short car trip, he was led into a fancy looking office building, then sat down in an uncomfortable chair in front of a huge desk where a very scary man just stared at him for two minutes.

"Hello sir, my name is Gunwoo," he introduced himself without stuttering,  bowing deeply. The man continued to stare at him for a couple more seconds, before getting straight into business. 

"I am aware of who you are. There is a conference tomorrow morning you will attend with me. It will serve as your official initiation, there will be some men there that you will take care of for me.  You will be picked up outside your apartment complex at 9 am sharp." The man went back to the papers on his desk, " You are free to go now."

"Yes sir." Gunwoo bowed deeply again before wasting no time exiting the office. Once he was outside the building he saw the man who brought him still waiting by the car. Gunwoo entered the vehicle, and rode home in the same awkward silence.