004

The boys all arrived at the food stall down by the water on the beach together. White fairy lights were strung around the support beams of the tent, illuminating the stall and reflecting off of the nighttime waves. As soon as they passed through the flap, the women who owns the stall greeted them.

"Boys! I haven't seen you in quite some time! Here sit down," she said directing them towards a nearby empty table, and already putting bowls of side dishes on the tabletop. "What's kept you boys from coming to see me for so long? Will it be the usual, I'll go ahead and bring out the soju for you young men," she playfully scolded them, then disappeared into the back to the kitchen before any of them could even respond to a thing she said.

She returned, setting several bottles of alcohol down, along with a tray full of meat to be grilled and shot glasses. "Thank you Mrs. Park," all five boys sang together,  but Chaejin continued on with a cute pout, "We missed you so much Mrs. Park. How have you been these days?"

"Oh, sweet Chaejin, I've been doing well. What about you boys, where'd you get all these scrapes and bruises?" she questioned, while poking a dark purple bruise on Gunwoo's cheek, earning a loud whine and a pout from him. 

No one answered her at first. Eventually she just scowled at them and turned to walk back to her kitchen, not before JunQ and Chaejin could smile cutely with puppy- dog eyes. After she left the boys started chatting and playing around to pass time while Insoo grilled the meat. 

Chaejin's phone starts ringing, interrupting a very heated debate between him and Gunwoo about whether or not you should dip fried chicken in soy sauce. Gunwoo thinks it's nasty, however Chaejin thinks people should have their choice in sauces. 

"It's my mom calling, I'll be right back," Chaejin announced to the table, earning no response except for Gunwoo's disgusted look. He stepped outside the tent, while his mother interrogated him about something over the phone. Meanwhile Insoo continued to cook while the others three started a spitball fight. 

As he walking back to his table, a man at a table Chaejin was passing scooted his chair back, causing Chaejin to stumble into him. 

"Hey man, watch where you're going !" The man stood up.

"I am so sorry mister. I accidentally tripped on your chair," Chaejin bowed at the man profusely as he apologized. 

"Oh so it's my fault? You trying to fight, mate?" The man raised his fist to punch Chaejin, but before he could swing, someone caught his fist. The man and Chaejin both looked up to see Gunwoo standing beside them glaring at the man. Gunwoo was about to threaten the other man with a super cool witty one-liner, but three men in suits walked up to the tent.

"Stand down, Myungsoo," the man in front ordered as he neared the table, making all the men sitting from the table jump, turn, and bow several times at him. 

"Yes boss, sorry sir," Myungsoo mumbled. He threw a couple bills on the table he was sitting at, then all the men, including the two who just arrived, ran out the tent flap, while the 'boss' lingered behind. He studied Gunwoo, while Gunwoo stared back at the bossman. Something about the man seemed familiar to Gunwoo, but he just couldn't figure out, and frankly at the moment not having the man stand there and stare at him was more important. But if there was one thing Gunwoo had learned today, it was his 'fake it 'till you make it edgy face'; so he just looked back at bossman like he wasn't uncomfortable. 

After a couple way too long seconds in Gunwoo's personal opinion, the man smirked, then turned and left. OMG,  Gunwoo internally sighed, his shoulders deflating when the man had finally gone. "C'mon, little Jinnie. Let's go eat that pork belly," Gunwoo slung his arm over Chaejin's shoulder, and squeezed a little because he still looked a little shaken up. He led Chaejin back to their table.

"Woah, Chaejin, you're my little bad boy, starting fights in an eating stall," Seyong pretends to box with Chajin as soon as he's back in his seat. JunQ and Gunwoo both start laughing obnoxiously, thier loudness doubling when Chaejin tries to give Seyong a dirty look but looks like he's about to cry. He looks like an angry duck. 

But while the other boys were laughing at Chaejin's expense, Insoo looked less than amused. He took another shot of soju, and turned his gaze over to Gunwoo. He wanted to smile seeing his friends act so happy and carefree, but something has been off. The little stand-off between the man in the suit and Gunwoo was suspicious, and Insoo was worried about what he would find if he looked into Gunwoo's new high paying job.