Chapter 3: rumors (Jay)

Rumors were a usual occurrence in highschool. Whenever the casual pass byers uttered a few words about someone-or-other, Jay never payed attention to them. But these few words struck his interest.

"Did you hear? The transfer student, Daniel Park, defeated Zack Lee a few days ago and now he took care of Vasco!"

"Yeah that guy has it all," a snarky blond says.

"The face, fighting skills, charm - and he looks smart. I bet when the tests come around he'll breeze by. He makes everything look so easy."

The group of girls cross Jay's path, giggling and fauning. "Oh Daniel Park. . . If only I could get his number. I would kill. . . !"

Jay was on his way home, walking the usual path he did. Taking the car just didn't feel right to him. Maybe it was the spring in the air. He ran his thumb along the base of his phone. "If only I could get his number. I would kill. . . !" one of the girls' words ghosting through his thoughts.

Jay had Daniel's number. It was just there, hovering unused in his contacts.

He couldn't bring up the nerve to send anything. He'd written message after message but ended up saving every single one of them to drafts. Probably never send them.

"Hey, Jay! Wait up!"

Jay's thumb froze and he pulled his hands away from his pockets.

Daniel magically jogged over as if summoned. The school uniform clung to his body. When Daniel noticed Jay staring he laughed.

"Yeah when the councilor noticed my school uniform was a little baggy she offered to get me another one- she said it was a mistake of the school and I got it free of charge. I never really liked wearing the uniform but I felt like it was more of a curtesy after she went through all the trouble." He stretched a bit and the fabric of the shirt clung to his chest. "But I think she got the wrong size after all. It's a little tight."

As if to further prove his point he stretched more.

Jay felt dizzy and saw Daniel's nipples poking against the fabric.

I can't do this. I can't do this. I can't do this.

Sweat was starting to form and the high choke on his expensive shirt strangled his neck.

"Oh yeah!" Daniel perked up, letting loose a stunning smile. "I got invited by Zack and his friends to hang out tonight. I'm a little nervous and was wondering if we could go together . . . Uh. . . You know I don't want to feel alone." The exitement wafted off Daniel in waves.

Jay snook a glance at Daniel's chest - the tight shirt still too tight - and his knees went weak. He nodded his head in agreement and Daniel squinted his eyes in a smile.

Jay felt for his phone in his pocket and ran his finger along the face of it.

Hanging out with Daniel outside of school. It was really going to happen.

He needed to wear his best outfit tonight.

And maybe take his new bike out for a spin.