Dork Diaries: Brianna's First Year

Hey All! It has been, what? 3-4 Years? I am extremely sorry for not updating - I can sincerely promise to you all that I will now, as I completely forgot all about Wattpad! I have rewritten the entire book, so the comments may not make sense anymore. Don't worry - I am working on it! Enjoy this "revised" Brianna's First Year - and expect a slower progression rather than whatever 13-14 year old me wrote!

I woke up, feeling groggy. It took me a while to wonder why my alarm clock was going off so early in the morning, but eventually I realised. It was my first day of Middle School! And I only had 25 minutes to get ready, and get the school bus! "Crud," I thought.

My older sister Nikki told me all the "wonderful" kind of things that goes on in middle school this summer, but I do remember when she had emotional breakdowns over a girl called Mackenzie Hollister, or something like that. Well, she did tell me one thing I believed... you will begin to crush on a guy friend. I hope that happens to me, like it did to her! She's now a senior in high school, and her and Brandon are still dating.

You will not believe this though, the last time I even bothered to write something down in a diary was when I was six years old; the youngest child of the Maxwell family. I'm not even the youngest now! My mom had another baby, who is currently six. I was so happy! I had instantly resolved NOT to behave like Nikki did towards me. I was going to let her play on my phone... let her give me makeovers; and help her achieve a cooking badge when she joins the Scouts. Her name is Kaylee, by the way, and my views towards her changed a few years back, when she scribbled over my drawing of my old friend, Miss Penelope, with some disinfectant, leading me to have horrific welts and scars over my hands, and rendering it unable to be drawn on. Dang, now I know how Nikki felt when I was younger.

I dragged myself out of bed, hitting the snooze button on my alarm clock. I already had my outfit laid out on the bed; a purple and black striped t-shirt, a pug hoodie and a pair of jeans - with my best pair of trainers. I quickly changed into it and thundered down the stairs. There was NO way I was being late on my first day at Westchester Country Day.

Shoving a muesli bar into my pocket, I grabbed my backpack (ready packed and waiting near the front door), and rushed out of there like my hair was on fire. As I bolted down the front yard, the yellow school bus pulled in at the curb. "What luck!" I thought, stopping in front of the doors, taking quick breaths. I had never run so fast. At least I had made it. I wouldn't be late.

-----------------------

I walked into the school and instantly prepared for complete drama, just like my sister Nikki. What if I didn't make friends? What if everyone hated me? All these different questions ran through my mind like bullets.

I needn't have worried! I was waiting in line to collect my timetable at the office, when two girls joined behind me. They were playing a game of some sorts, and one of them; a girl with shoulder-length brown hair, stepped back and slammed into me.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" she cried, turning red. "I really didn't mean to hurt you, it's just, we were playing this game and-"

"Look, it's Okay." I said, quickly; she really looked like she was in an emotional state over this. "I'm Brianna Maxwell."

"Ally Brooks." said the brown-haired girl.

"Cathleen Carr." the other girl said. "I do prefer to be called Cat though, if you don't mind. People only call me Cathleen if I'm in trouble, you see."

I told her I understood, and a sort of silent connection must have formed between us. I was so happy, I was grinning from ear to ear. I had made TWO new friends within the first 30 minutes of my first day at WCD. What luck!