Chapter 18: Mistake

"Oh god, oh god. I knew it. I knew it all along. Why? Why him? Why couldn't they have taken me instead..." "Hoseok, calm down!" Namjoon shakes him as more tears escape Hoseoks eyes. "I can't. What if it's true? What if he really is dead?" Hoseok cries out. They are still in the same room as they thought Yoongi would be in, trying to figure out their next move. 

"Look, I am sure he is ok. We will find him. Both him and Jimin and then we will get the hell out of here." Namjoon gives him a reassuring pat on the back before he turns to the others, pulling a face. What if he's wrong and Hoseok is right? 

What if Yoongi really is dead?

-

One finger, then suddenly two fingers. Yes! 

Yoongi is slowly getting his movement back as he silently moves two of his fingers on his right hand. The trick is now to make it look like he's still paralyzed. Not moving a single muscle of his body he quietly gazes over at where Jimin is seated. 

This is the first time in 2 days that Yoongi finally sees his little brother again. Jimin is more beaten up now than what he was and Yoongi shrugs at the thought of what Burn face has done to him. 

Suddenly Jimin looks back at him and Yoongi can see a little glint of hope in his eyes, he looks around again as he quickly gives a nod to Jimin, who nods back.

--

"Where do you think they're keeping them?" Jin asks and they all look at Namjoon. "Well, Jimin is definitely still with Burn face" Taehyung says. "Yes and I know for sure that he was present yesterday when they were torturing Yoongi" the word gives them goosebumps. "How do you know?" Hoseok asks. "I've been keeping track of them for the last day. The amount of times they walked past my room yesterday and this morning. I have been able to recognise their footsteps." Namjoon says and nods in response. 

"What I know so far is that Burn face was present yesterday and he has been stressing about something today. He walked pass me at least 5 times within 30 minutes this morning. I am also pretty sure that BigHit has failed to come up with the money, which is the reason for Yoongis screams yesterday" They all twitch again from what they experienced the night before.

"What I am curious about is how you ended up with Jimin?" Namjoon looks at Taehyung. The boy is staring at the floor. It looks like he has just seen a ghost cause his face is pale and his eyes filled with fear. "I- I-" Taehyung mutters, unable to make complete sentences as the scenario flashes in front of his eyes. "I didn't mean to do it..."he starts. "Burn face forced me. He was going to shoot me if I didn't obey his orders. Jimin said it would be ok, but its not." he cries as his knees buckles underneath him and he falls to the floor, still in the embrace of Hoseok. 

"What happened?" Jungkook asks with a calm tone, trying his best to comfort Tae. "I hit him," he cries out, receiving a baffled face expression from the rest of them. "Several times with a whip. I didn't have a choice" he continues "Burn face said I had to punish him because he had been snooping around" he cries into Hoseoks chest. 

"That fucking monster..." Jungkook is furious, forming fists with both of his hands, his face turning red. "I'm gonna kill him. I am personally gonna make sure that he never hurts anyone ever again!" he speaks with his mouth closed as his face keeps turning red.

The boys make their way to the end of the corridor. Staring at the big steel door in front of them, their faces fill with hope as they finally have a chance to get out of this hellhole. Namjoon turns the key and the door creeks open. Continuing up the stairs, they are now facing another door. "I still don't like this..." Jin says, worryingly looking down at the dark corridor behind them. "I know, it's too quiet again," Hoseok continues. "I know, Burn face knows we have the key" Namjoon answers without turning his head around.